New Latch Fix For GoPro, Unruly Bear Trap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brtc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't know if anybody has looked into this, but UNRULY is developing a latch with a push lock (kinda like a pocket knife) to replace the original GoPro latch. It is meant tighten when more pressure is exerted on the housing. Seems like a good idea. According to the website, it's scheduled for the middle of June and costs $35. Anybody have an input?? UNRULY_BEARTRAP_v03b_Front-L_CU_960x.jpg

If it works, great. But a rubber band works as well. $35 for a latch is more then I would spend personally.

Yeah what James said... if GoPro was smart they would just design something similar and start putting them out on any new casing. Then hopefully offer some way of getting them to people who are already having this problem right now. As of right now though a rubber band has worked more than perfectly for me so I will just stick to the whole bag of them that you can get for $1.

Maybe as a replacement but if you close your case properly in the first place, you should never need one.

Can someone post a pic of how you use a rubber band on the GOPro?

Can someone post a pic of how you use a rubber band on the GOPro?

This being the videography section of the forum, I think we need to see a video. Preferably shot with a anti glare filter, no vignette, lit with dual LED lights and stabilized with a tray. :cool2:

I agree, $35 just for a latch to way too much. I own a GoPro and recently installed a new flat lens. They have just released their new dive housing but it doesn't have the ability to attach a filter. I will be testing my housing for leaks this weekend (before diving with the camera). If I have any issues with the latch, I'll just use one of my thicker hair ties to hold it shut.

I agree, $35 just for a latch to way too much. I own a GoPro and recently installed a new flat lens. They have just released their new dive housing but it doesn't have the ability to attach a filter. I will be testing my housing for leaks this weekend (before diving with the camera). If I have any issues with the latch, I'll just use one of my thicker hair ties to hold it shut.

Yet! It will be coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom