New Latch Fix For GoPro, Unruly Bear Trap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting comcept on the rubber band. Although I have not yet had a problem it's good insureance. Doing a dive in the Gulf here shortly ..... I'll be comparing the Hero with flat lense and Hero2 with the new GP dive housing. Video to follow.....

Rubber bands, GoPro Scuba Housing & Unruly Bear Trap.

HazardHero2Fix.jpg

I'am going to do my best to summarize my 2 cents on a few topics that pop'd up in this thread:

RUBBER BANDS: After a dive in Georgia I noticed that my clasp came loose upon ascent but thankfully the seal didn't break ! After that I decided to do the rubber band trick. I went on vacation to Antigua and brought everything I needed (including my custom GoPro rig) but forgot the rubber bands. So I "borrowed" a "few" of my girlfriends hair ties and over did the GoPro SCUBA housing as seen in the photo above.

GOPRO SCUBA HOUSING: Love it ! Awesome build quality and video quality ! I did use 3 GoPro Anti Fog Inserts per GoPro and my custom 2 Camera rig. Video came out pretty good however I now have a revision to the rig to reduce camera shake. Here is a 4 minute video video, (filmed in 1080p 30fps. Forward facing Camera was Narrow FOV 1 day and Medium FOV the 2nd & 3rd days. Rear facing camera was wide FOV)

UNRULY: I have NOTHING nice to say about this company so I will keep it to THE FACTS, (of which I could fwd you the E-mails if you require proof). Purchased two BEARTRAPs on 07/01/12 with a PayPal & Unruly E-mail confirmation to prove it. After payment was the first time I was notified of the Delay in shippment. 07/25/12: Second E-mail describing Shipping delay. Unruly went on to unprofessionally and rudely state that if you E-mailed them to complain or inquire about the product you payed for, you wouldn't get the product but they would refund you the money. Those of you that received one of those E-mails may refer to the Last Paragraph. I waited patiently without making contact with them. 11/08/12: E-mail stating that because the Hero 3 comes from GoPro with a double locking clasp Unruly aborted making the BEARTRAP for the Hero 2, (I can't make sense of that logic as the New Hero 3 cant fix your Hero 2 issues). Unruly went on to say they were refunding payments made for the Beartraps. After ignoring 2 of my E-mails ... I have yet to see reimbursement ! They were making a product for the Hero 2 NOT the 3. And the introduction of the 3 does NOT fix the Hero 2 issue for which they were taking people's money for. The Hero 2 does NOT fit in the Hero 3 case, (I own both). And, you can't assume EVERYONE with a Hero 2 has the money to run out and buy a Hero 3. Anyway, before anyone from Unruly chimes in and says I'm stretching, my PayPal order number ends in 1954C and you can check the status of my missing refund ! Poor customer relations ! The hair ties worked out better ! And trust me, you want to see "UNRULY", then you should see my girlfriend after I took those hair ties. Anyway, I am not one of those people who gives bad reviews but when you still have my money I reserve the right to state the facts so that others can decide if they want to chance to do business or not.

Back
Top Bottom