New Job!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not quite diving related, but I'm stoked about it!
I start my part time job tomorrow as an "Animal husbandry assistant" at Taronga Zoo in Sydney. They haven't told me *exactly* what an animal husbandry assistant does, just that we assist the vet and animal handling staff... hopefully that means there's not too much poop scooping.
Pay's not great, uniform's kinda dorky and I now have even less time to dive on the weekend, but I'm really looking forward to it :D .

Animal husbandry assistant... I know a gent here in the US who does animal husbandry and well.. it involves making dates for animals who are hormonally compatible at the moment. Sometimes its artificially done as well.

Colin, Like that nurse shark and the instructor in the keys?

Seriously, Arete, that sounds cool.

So, I've been there a couple of weeks, I'm assigned to VHQ (the zoo vets, basically). We assist the vet handling animals. It's great, I can't believe they give me money to do it. Had to move spider monkeys that had been fed junk food by guests yesterday. That was amusing/interesting. Hopefully once I finish my degree and update my diving qualifications it'll lead to some cool work opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom