New Jetfins, straps too long. Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought a new pair of XXL Jetfins. The foot pocket fits nicely, but the strap is too loose over my drysuit boots, and chances are high that it might slip off easily.

I don't want to buy a new spring strap if I can help it, to save cost.

My idea is to tie thick paracord around the spring strap to put more material between the boots and the strap.

However, I'd like to hear what other ideas might work to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Buy shorter springs? Should be able to get them for less than $10 each. I did here in Japan but not sure about availability in the US. What length of spring do you have?

Buy shorter springs? Should be able to get them for less than $10 each. I did here in Japan but not sure about availability in the US. What length of spring do you have?

Mine came with the stock jetfins, so I guess SP? The cheapest OEM ones where I am costs $40, and I hear they stretch pretty easily. I was hoping for a cheaper solution.

Just so I understand, you have springs already? Assuming SP spring straps you can undo the bolts and then measure spring. From memory 25cm is the smallest spring length the SP fins come in. Well mine did anyway.

---------- Post added May 28th, 2014 at 05:32 AM ----------

The best spring straps in the market in my opinion are XS Scuba springs but cost around $50. IMO they are more robust that the SP ones. I have/had both. Measure spring and go from there, assuming you can buy springs alone, I'm sure you can being in the US, can't you buy everything there lol, that will likely be your cheapest option. Over here you get single springs of various sizes starting at 19cm up to around 30cm. Hopefully one of the US DIY boys/girls will chime in with a source for springs. Good luck.

I prefer bungees. They are easier to get the fins on and off and are certainly cheaper than springs. They last a few hundred dives before needing replacement.
DSCF2972.jpg

That is so cool! How do you tie them to secure them to the buckles?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom