New Intova Search light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I have ordered 2 of the 800 lume (3) C cell lights from TDL.
Should have them in a week or so. I will let you know how they work asap.

Jim Breslin

Hi,
I have ordered 2 of the 800 lume (3) C cell lights from TDL.
Should have them in a week or so. I will let you know how they work asap.

Jim Breslin

This should be interesting.

I asked DRE if they were going to stock them and they replied saying " they were too heavy to be used as back up lights". Being that they are 3C I would have thought weight be similar to other same powered lights. Again thanks Jim look forward to reading your impressions. Cheers.

Last edited:
I just got two SL1s from Adorama which has them in stock. IMHO, they are two big to be used as backups and have a very wide/thick light-head at 2.3 in. I am bummed since I love the brightness and the beam. They could be the perfect travel primary light though, due to easy access to C cells everywhere and the 1 lb weight without batteries--if you don't mind DIYing some sock or Goodman handle mount for them.

Happy to answer any other questions if you have them.

blake7- is that from the old tv series? I loved that when I was a kid. Anyway back to the light, could you expand anymore on beam angle and brightness, is it narrow? Hotspot etc...I wouldn't use one as a backup anyway I had in mind possibly travel primary. Have you used one in low vis? Cheers

Here are the specs.
Specifications:
1) 1 CREE XML LED
2) 800 Lumens
3) LED lifetime – 100,000 hours
4) uses 3 C batteries (not included)
5) 7 hour burn time (at full power)
6) magnetic tail switch for variable power control: full/30%/strobe
7) 8 deg beam angle
8) waterproof to 400 feet/122m
9) aluminum body
10) dimensions (9.8 x 2.3) in