New Here! Off to Roatan soon!!! Advise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We leave in three days for Roatan, we are returning to Fantasy Island for Spring Break again this year. Have a great trip!

The ad in Scuba Diving mag is what got me started thinkin about AKR. Such a deal. Meals, tanks, dives. Sounds awesome! Just wondered if the weather changes drastically during the "deal" months. Anyone know? I can go earlier. Probably go end of May now. Have to see Gwen Stephani in concert first! HA! It's family night. Teenagers are really begging. Again, any ideas if weather make a big dif, or basically the same paradise all the time?

I am new here also and was wondering what to expect when we get to AKR in july this year. We booked the resort at a great price. How is the gear rental and what is best for us to bring from home?

I am new here also and was wondering what to expect when we get to AKR in july this year. We booked the resort at a great price. How is the gear rental and what is best for us to bring from home?
I've only done one dive there, with their dolphin experience (snorkel experience is better but it was sold out), but I'm sure it's a nice place. I take all of my own gear anywhere tho, gear I know well, have dived before, etc. I'm not one to trust my life to rental gear.

Check out our Bay Islands forum and search for *akr* there as v-board search does not work with 3 letters but will accept the * to make that work.

Have a great trip. :pilot:

Thanks Don...

Both of us are excited in the trip.. we actually just got certified last fall and have only did four cert dives in Fla. we are slowly putting our gear together trying different things to see what we like and dislike. Thanks for the advice we will post a dive debrief when we return.

i visited Anthony's Key Resort (for the dolphin encounter) and it looked like a top-notch place ... good boats, and the dive shop looked very good

on a brief (and superficial) first impression, it was very good

(+1) for anthonies key resort. I was not so much impressed with the island but the resort was awesome. Everything is right there and convienent and boats constantly running which reduced the cattle effect many other operations have. Also the staff was first rate (Though I did have to use spanish a little to communicate) most of the staff are fluent in english too :)

Cajun I just realized I missed your question. Bring as much as you can as thats why you got it right :) But I did not use their rental gear but no one spoke of any problems at all

We were there in January. It is a great resort. The staff is top notch. It is not a 5 star resort but is very comfortable and had everything I needed. You will enjoy it I'm sure. Be sure to get a couple of bottles of Solace's hot sauce, just ask for him, he will find you. There is one more thing, while there be sure to have a Salva Vida for me.

Back
Top Bottom