new here.. looking for advice on my first gear selection plz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like decent gear to me... I think Air integrated computers are kinda expensive, but if you got the money..why not. If you continue to dive often, in a few years...you will begin to realize that most divers don't worry too much about which brand of gear you or they are using. You will find very few people with one brand of gear and you will see a variety of configurations...all of which work fine.

Kinda like.... Do you ask the new guy at work what kind of car he commuted to work in today? Nobody really cares.. unless he begins bragging about an expensive atomic regulator... opps I mean a corvette or something when you first meet him.

I think you have made the Beaver guy very sad... I am very concerned. Is there any way you can return it? You should have bought from him... he has 1 million dives....:rofl3:

Not necessarily.. he "liked" my comment about me felling it would be best going to my LDS for this equipment. He is quite a salesman though! :)

It sounds like decent gear to me... I think Air integrated computers are kinda expensive, but if you got the money..why not. If you continue to dive often, in a few years...you will begin to realize that most divers don't worry too much about which brand of gear you or they are using. You will find very few people with one brand of gear and you will see a variety of configurations...all of which work fine.

Kinda like.... Do you ask the new guy at work what kind of car he commuted to work in today? Nobody really cares.. unless he begins bragging about an expensive atomic regulator... opps I mean a corvette or something when you first meet him.

The AI computer was only $300 with the transmitter so I figured it was a good deal actually :D

Yes, he is a sales person, but in his defense, if he has the stuff you want he does price very aggresivily. So if you are willing to buy online and want scuba pro gear new, maybe you should PM him.

Highflier

I can't say anything about the rest of the package, but I happen to own one of the Aeris EX100 BCs and I like it a lot. It's comfortable and does well for me. Like Herman, I also dive at times without a BC and sometimes with a horse collar. I tried several different jacket BCs and the like the Aeris best of those I tried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom