New here, Looking for a certain diving hotel in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neter33:
I just recently got certified to dive and my fiance and I are trying to find somewhere we can go diving together for our honeymoon that isn't going to cost "an arm and leg". I have heard that there is a hotel possibly in Florida that you can diving in/out of your hotel room. Does anyone know about this and/or what it is called. Thanks

Hope it is the one you are looking for

http://www.jul.com/

Wendy:
Are you talking about the Jules Verne Lodge palce that you actually have to scuba to get to the underwater hotel? I hear its not that nice in there, I could think of nicer places to spend my honeymoon.

There are many places in Florida that you can stay and do shore diving right out front of your room if that is the sort of thing you are interested in.

I have been to Jules Undersea Lodge. I would not take someone I love there on a honeymoon. Furthermore, its an arm and a leg.
If I were taking someone on a honeymoon I would take her here. Also read this excellent trip report by MB.

I wouldn't mind being taken to The Breakers in West Palm Beach. Very high class resort. And I hear they have a reef out front and also you are close to dive charters as well.

Wendy:
I wouldn't mind being taken to The Breakers in West Palm Beach. Very high class resort. And I hear they have a reef out front and also you are close to dive charters as well.

I hear that some of the dive charters near the Breakers have extra specially nice DM's. :wink:

Scubakevdm:
I have been to Jules Undersea Lodge. I would not take someone I love there on a honeymoon. Furthermore, its an arm and a leg.
If I were taking someone on a honeymoon I would take her here. Also read this excellent trip report by MB.

Heya and welcome to the Board.... I'm with Kevin on this one.. I went to Jules (ick), not a place for romance! The Breakers (not the hotel but the dive site, is awesome) We stayed in Key Largo, for 2 people diving for 5 days (2 tankers) plus hotel cost and food, our entire trip was under $800 (we did have our own car) Hope you find what your looking for.

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Congrats on your new cert!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

My favorite Key Largo motel is the Hungy Pelican - down home, local charm, and pretty cheap. Might not be suitable for a honeymoon, but if you want to save money, make your own bed, use your own cell-phone, etc. - i'ts cute, comfy, and cheap.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don

Hi, neter33! Welcome to the board. I moved your thread to the Florida Conch Divers forum in the hopes that more of the locals might see it and be able to help. My only question is, coming from Pekin, why would you want to go dive in that icky hot salty sludge they call water down there when there is so much cool, refreshing, fresh water right here in Illinois? :wink:

Dive safely!

then it might be "The Scuba Club" in West Palm Beach. 800-835-2466, Accommodations available in a one-bedroom fully equipped luxury suite, with pool, and dive boat only a few feet away. I've dove there but never stayed there. Dive shop on premise. As for a honeymoon, it might be okay for a night and a dive. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom