New Halcyon Rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Halcyon’s FB page they mentioned in a comment that this will come in CM, SM, and BM variations.

This patent filing might shine more light on the rebreather design - assuming that the patent describes the rebreather (and the timeline/concept art do align) it seems like it's basically a double-hose reg directly connected to a counterlung/scrubber, with an optional open-circuit mode. The Halcyon-branded thing in the center of the chest would be the 'gas distribution block', which has an ADV and a switch to go between exhalation into the counterlung vs exhalation to atmosphere!

1705619497308.png

Cool patent. Something new and different!

So the idea is that this thing combines the ADV, dil MAV, and BOV into one device? Really interesting.

Cool patent. Something new and different!

So the idea is that this thing combines the ADV, dil MAV, and BOV into one device? Really interesting.
Yeah, that’s my understanding. Seems like a neat idea, and would have a lot of benefits of putting the counterlungs and ADV right next to each other. Actuating the switch to go between OC and CC might be a little difficult in backmount I’m guessing? But seems (to my inexperienced eyes) to be a very elegant solution for a chest mount RB.

Actuating the switch to go between OC and CC might be a little difficult in backmount I’m guessing?
Hope all you CCR converts have been keeping up your valve drill flexibility!

Maybe the BM version has it on the shoulder. Or uses FMCLs.

I'm sure the Gooey guys will find a way to put 6 knobs on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom