New Halcyon knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't you think that X-knife is way too short.

mweitz:
The Akona is a nice knife, I've used it a couple of times. I like how small it is, and it doesn't rust. It is expensive, but I have a LOT of dives on it without losing it.

I also really like the SP knife, though I loaned it to a buddy a while ago and haven't seen it since. Really nice knife.

The knife Barry sells is quite a bit larger, and that type of knife had a tendency to slip out of the sheeth for us. I can't remember if I had that exact knife, but I think I did, till it got lost.

The cheap steak knife, X-knife and I think Victorinox makes a similiar one all seem to work quite well too.

hoosier:
Hey,

I don't mean that I am supposed to buy "H" knife. I just want to get some info.

I think the best alternative is here:
http://www.salvodiving.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=1178

Yet another alternative. http://www.sydweedon.com/knives_cold_steel.asp

I got a pretty good price on the knife. It took me half an hour or so to cut the tip off and grind it into a screwdriver. It's a sharp and nifty little knife. The only concern is that the handle may be a tad small for use with dry suit gloves but then a regular steak knife would come in handy.

Cheapest and best way to get this done I find personally is to just buy a simple stake knife and grind it/cut it to size. Mine cost a total of $11 USD. If I loose it (which will eventually happen) its no big deal. I carry a spare one in my spares box too.

Can't argue with this. I have got both. Just could not resist the temptation to have a go at a more expensive knife. Will see how they compare in a real world...

i started using my blue tang titanium knife again, after using my steak knife, dint wanna make my knife go to waste...if i lose it i lose it but i aint letting it rot in the box.

I would do the same. Since you've got it already there is no going back. The logic the cheaper the better only applies to those who are thinking of buying:)

Spoon:
i started using my blue tang titanium knife again, after using my steak knife, dint wanna make my knife go to waste...if i lose it i lose it but i aint letting it rot in the box.

That would be some mighty fine titanium! :D

Adam_sc:
I would do the same. Since you've got it already there is no going back. The logic the cheaper the better only applies to those who are thinking of buying:)

i totally agree it was a gift from my gf and had to retire it for a bit after taking my dir classes. after using the steak knife i kinda felt ridiculous becasue i had a prefectly good decent knife at the bottom of my dive box:)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom