New Halcyon 10W HID lighthead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well i went ahead and purchased a stealth light with the new style halcyon 10w lighthead.He wont receive the new light for about a week from EE and then assemble it to his cannister and mail to me.So im looking at about 2 weeks or so before i get it.I cant wait to try it out.I have been drooling over cannister lights for about 2 years now.Now i finally get to own one.I can retire my princeton tec 4 c cell hand held light or save it for a back up on night dives until i can afford a halcyon or candian extreme back up light.

What is the stealth light? Another NiMh canister? I am also looking at making a helios canister, Anyone have any pics?

Thanks
Eric

It's beautiful, seems much better than the oroginal. Smaller, easier to focus, more durable. Only problem is that my coolie cup doesn't fit anymore...

Tom

I have Nite Riders Pro Video lighting system...(2) 10W HID lights.

Haven't used them on a dive yet, because one light still doesnt work. Excellent customer service is keeping me patient, but I hope my trip to Bonaire in January will show me what HID is all about.

My Bonaire trip in November had a couple night dives where having those lights would have been incredible, but the charger wasnt working...ughh

Right now, im skeptical about HID, but hopefully they wont get 3 strikes against them.

Jason

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
so I assume no striking problems thus far? How did they handle the exchange?

No problems. Basically the just swapped out my old head for the new one. I may be E-Baying the whole thing soon as I got a new Helios 9 yesterday.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom