New Halcyon 10W HID lighthead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Plug,

Are you happy with the new design?

Also, could you tell me the outside diameter of the body?

Thanks!

Eric

slim001 once bubbled...
Has anyone compared the new and old Halcyon 10W heads side by side as far as light output is concerned? The new head looks like a considerably smaller reflector.

How do they look, side by side?

Cheers

We did a side by side 3 way comparisum a few weeks ago. Conditions were sunny day, 70 fsw, 40 ft vis. We put 3 lights side by side, a new style 10W, an old style 10 W, and an 18W (NIMH) focused on the deck of a wreck from about 4 feet away.

The apparent brightness ranking was:

1- the 18 W NIMH (obviously)
2- The old 10 W
3- The new 10 W

The difference between the old and new was noticable but not major. Nothing was taken into account such as age of bulb, state of charge, or similar. Very unscientific test.

Tom

ps- even taking these results as gospel, I still prefer the new head, the advantages in its design are huge.

Tom,

did ya'll adjust the new 10w light head during
the informal test you did? Any thoughts on
brightness on particular settings?

Thanks!

Kell

kcanty once bubbled...
Tom,

did ya'll adjust the new 10w light head during
the informal test you did? Any thoughts on
brightness on particular settings?

Thanks!

Kell
Negative Kell, totally spontanious. Wish we had organized doing it beforehand as I would also like to know definitive answers.

Tom

UP

You gotta give that lighthead some TLC. Seriously, sorry to hear about the light.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom