New Guy Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I read a lot on this board but have never posted. Sorry for the bad picture, it was a self-portrait in Hawaii with a disposable underwater camera. Anway, I live in San Jose, Basic Openwater Certified, have dove Florida Keys, Vancouver Island BC, Hawaii, and Mexico, but never Monterey and I live so close! Have all my own gear except wetsuit/tank. I've probably done around 15 dives. I'm looking for a buddy (preferably more experienced) to do some diving with. I'm a responsible, reasonable guy and know my limits of what I'm comfortable with. Weekdays are possible. Shoot me an email! chrisconnolly(at)hotmail (theres no space in my email, the system just wont let me put it)
Cheers:)

Attachments

• 0153172-R1-042-19A.jpg
    0153172-R1-042-19A.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 42
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I read a lot on this board but have never posted. Sorry for the bad picture, it was a self-portrait in Hawaii with a disposable underwater camera. Anway, I live in San Jose, Basic Openwater Certified, have dove Florida Keys, Vancouver Island BC, Hawaii, and Mexico, but never Monterey and I live so close! Have all my own gear except wetsuit/tank. I've probably done around 15 dives. I'm looking for a buddy (preferably more experienced) to do some diving with. I'm a responsible, reasonable guy and know my limits of what I'm comfortable with. Weekdays are possible. Shoot me an email! chrisconnolly(at)hotmail (theres no space in my email, the system just wont let me put it)
Cheers:)

Welcome Chris! You should join us on one of the Meet & Greets in Monterey. It's a great way to meet new dive buddies. I'm not sure when the next one will be but keep your eye on the board. You're always welcome to join in the fun!

Hey, Chris! Welcome to the board. There are a great number of people here who are always looking for more buddies. Feel free to PM me anytime you'd like to head out. If I'm available that weekend (I'm usually a weekend guy) I'll be glad to hook up for some dives.

-Ben

Feel free to harass me on the weekends as well.. December is going to be a little crazy for me but I should be out and about some.

Wass Up , I too am a noobee , Few less dives than you but trying to make up for that. Not real experienced ,but VERY attentive to detail. It seems like I live on this site trying to gain experience and learn from others mistakes.(Dont post often ,but read everynite) It does help..Would be interested in doing a few shore dives in Monterey. want to work on Bouyancy skills/navigation and just get in the water a lil' more. Own all equip except tank(so far).. Hope to hear from you, or see you at BreakPoint or Mcabee soon.

Welcome... Finding a buddy when you are starting out is one of the biggest hurdles for a new diver. Good luck i hope you find some great buddies and mentors to help you start out on the right path.

Hey Folks, thanks for the warm welcome and emails. I'm recovering well from a successful sinus surgery and will definitely reach out to you guys to meet up in monterey when I'm cleared for diving.

Hey Chris, while I'm unemployed (hopefully not for too much longer) I'm open to some weekday diving. Gimme a shout when you're ready.

Back
Top Bottom