New Glove rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sama3033

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a new Diving Concepts suit (I love Ebay, woo-hoo)and wanted to put the DC glove ring system from an older suit on the new one but the cuff size is too small - can anyone think of a quick fix? I could use the attached seal to mount the ring but then I'd have no seal on my arm.

Has anyone tried affixing a second latex seal to the back of the arm ring and run that through the hole?

I just bought a new Diving Concepts suit (I love Ebay, woo-hoo)and wanted to put the DC glove ring system from an older suit on the new one but the cuff size is too small - can anyone think of a quick fix? I could use the attached seal to mount the ring but then I'd have no seal on my arm.

Has anyone tried affixing a second latex seal to the back of the arm ring and run that through the hole?
I have considered it, but have yet to do it. My Pinnacle suit is too rigid to get the ring on with an inside seal. I have tried it a few times and have yet to succeed. I have taken my chances without the internal wrist seal and have never had any issues, but I would feel much more comfortable with an inside seal. I may just buy another set of wrist seals ant try it out. I am planning on a sub 40 degree dive in the coming weeks and I am going to be trying some different gloves that I want internal seal for just in case.

I have dove for years with DC ring system with no wrist seal, I mean its there and the ring is attached to it with the O-rings but there is no "inner" seal around my wrist. I have had plenty of holed gloves thanks to Great Lakes zebra mussels but it has never been an issue. While my hand gets wet it has never resulted in a suit flood. If you were to rip a glove it would be a different stoy but how often have you heard of that happening?

I just "slide" the suit ring into the seal from the outside laying flat and then "stand it up" into position. Then put the o-ring on closest to the ring, fold the seal back, put the other o-ring on and fold the seal back up over the base of the ring to cover the whole thing up all neat like! Not the easiest thing to do but still A LOT easier than putting those damn smurf gloves on the other rings!

Oh by the way; slide the o-rings up onto the sleeve before you even shove the ring into the seal. Its goes much easier pulling them back down than trying to stretch them over the big end of the suit-side ring!!!

Questions???

Back
Top Bottom