New girl from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lady6gill once bubbled...
navy85: did you actually add that up or are you just guessing? If you added it up then I think you have too much time on your hands :wink: . <snip>When are you planning your excursion into your local waters?...
I'll take the 5th (but don't let my wife know - she'll say i should be spending it elsewhere):)

I don't blame you for going dry. In my case, with the little diving I do right now, I can't really justify the expense. Now if I could only find a 14mm wetsuit around here (7mm is the thickest I've seen)...

As far as venturing into the waters of Northern CA, I'm hoping to take an AOW course in August. Looks like I'll get a few dives in Hawaii in June (I'll be there for work and will be able to stay over a weekend) but other than that, my schedule is pretty full the next 3 months with no diving in it. :(

No diving for three months! How will you ever survive? :( . I on the other hand am heading out with Freeman on Wednesday (no time for diving.....blasphemous! :D ). Anyway, it's a good call on the AOW. Gives you a whole new level of diving and a new level of awareness for the sport.
Hawaii...I'm jelous! Have a margarita on the beach for me (better yet, just bring me along and I'll have a margarita myself! I'll even carry your dive gear for you! What do you say...is it a deal :D ?)

lady6gill once bubbled...
Hawaii...I'm jelous! Have a margarita on the beach for me (better yet, just bring me along and I'll have a margarita myself! I'll even carry your dive gear for you! What do you say...is it a deal :D ?)
LOL...I don't think my wife would appreciate it - looks like she will not be able to go (in a way that's good since she is a non-diver and I probably wouldn't be diving if she came along. She has been supportive of my limited diving so far, so I have nothing to complain about).

I'm looking forward to getting a few more dives in, seeing a different area and then moving on to AOW. Then comes the painful part - investing in gear. :eek: Now that will be a little more difficult issue to get my wife to agree to...perhaps a few gift certificates to a local spa will help.

BTW, have you noticed that you are slowly catching up to Freeman? Is there a deadline for matching his post total? I think you can do it.

Ya Hoo!! Can't wait. Cold water diving rocks. But then again I get back to Calgary for 1 day and then I'm off to Sipidan!

ciao,

Eric

navy85- no deadline that I know of and yes gift certs to the spa should be a good way to ease into the gear investments :wink:

erose54-so much travelling...what do you do?

Pretty new to this site but had to say hello to a fellow Canadian even though I now live far from home. But I feel really good about going home to dive in native waters when I finally do get home. If you ever come to Korea or anywhere in Asia let me know.

Dave

Hey Dave,
I don't see myself in Korea anytime soon (unfortunately, it sounds like it would be a great trip) but if you're back up the Canadian way let me know.
What's the diving like over there? What kind of life, temps., etc.?

I am a newbie in the worst way I haven't done any diving in Korea yet, no rental shops have equip for me. I am looking at buying my own in the next couple of weeks to get wet and planning a trip to the south coast of Busan to get wet again. All my dives have been in the Philippines which is so warm, temp up to 27C, I didn't need a suit which was sweet. Some great sights there. I'll keep you updated.
Dave:baby:

Welcome from sunny Texas (or at least it was sunny a minute ago...):confused:

We can show you some lake, quarry and river diving down here, plus a little pond called the Gulf of Mexico. I really shouldn't say pond, as that might give a false sense of security. Think of it more as a gigantic jacuzzi. :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom