New girl from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lady6gill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,
I was told about this board and thought I would try it. I've been diving in the freezing cold north (only British Columbia, but I'm a bit of a cold water wimp) for about two years now. I'm always up for a chat if anyone is interested. Send me a reply, we'll hook up

You'll love this board, there are several BC divers on here and a great group of Pacific Northwest Divers.

Where have you been diving/training lately?

See you in the water

Welcome to the board from another Pacific Northwest Diver!

Rick

Hey guys, thanks for the greets. I'm currently working towards my divemasters (just the map and intership to go! YEAH!) I am a true local diver having never ventured from BC waters (not quite true, I have been to Keystone just past the boarder). I say that it's because we have the best diving in the world so why leave, but in actual fact a sadly depleted bank account keeps me from experiencing the wonders of warm water. I have had some amazing experiences out here though. The one that sticks out is diving with a 12 foot six gill shark for 15 minutes last summer off Hornby Island. A truly hummbling experience. What about you?

From another BCer but now in China. BC diving is great but you really have to check out some other places. I'm still waiting for my 6-gill experience.

Welcome to the board, looking forward to hearing your contributions to the fray. I remember working on the map - I treated it like a full underwater archeological survey. The course director who was teaching the course appreciated the detail but told me I went waaayyy overboard. I learned a lot anyway.

As for the intern option - much better choice you are fortunate you have the option, not everyone does. Soak it up like a sponge.

Welcome the board from a fellow Canuck to the east:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom