New girl from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A warm welcome from cold Ontario. Come for a visit and best freshwater wreck diving in the world!

Hey everyone,
Freeman doesn't believe that I can resurect my old thread and get more replies then him. Please help me!!! :) :)
Thanks, lady6gill :)

Heehee, lady6gill, I just wanted to say thanks to you and to Radagalf for the dive(s) last Monday. Had a great great time. You 2 were both a lot of fun. (Nice to know you can come face to face with people you trades messages with on some internet chat board and realise there are cool people out there.) You lead the dive well and would appreciate yet another tour of that site, with you leading of course. Looking forward to more dives with ya, yer barrels of fun.
All the best,

Lady6gill,

I will provide 5 posts for each dive buddy:D

Just kidding. If you guys are going out for a dive in the Vancouver area again and don't mind more company, PM Me! My usual buddy is on the "Asian Road Show" right now, so I'm Bud-less....

Jimi

No movement in 24 hours...here's another to help catch up. :wink:

What's a typical summer water temp in BC?

Hey navy85, thanks! :) Sadly I think that I'm loosing this contest
:( Oh well.....I'll allow him this small victory :wink:
BC's water temperature...well on Tuesday when Freeman and I went up to Coopers Green (close to Sechelt, about a 40min Ferry ride and 1hr drive from Vancouver) the water temp was about 50 degrees. There's never a huge variance in temp through the year. The coldest I've been in here was 42 degrees (cold enough :eek: ). What about you? What kind of diving do you do?

lady6gill once bubbled...
What about you? What kind of diving do you do?

Definitely not in cold water like you! So far, I have only been diving in the Caribbean (Aruba) and typically once a year. I have made a resolution to change that - advance my diving education and start diving in this area (i live in the San Francisco area, most likely will be diving in Monterey a lot). I'm looking forward to it. After hearing about your dive temperatures, I shouldn't complain about 60 deg F water.

Who knows - you may still edge out Freeman. When's the deadline?

lady6gill once bubbled...
Hey everyone,
Freeman doesn't believe that I can resurect my old thread and get more replies then him. Please help me!!! :) :)
Thanks, lady6gill :)

I think Freeman's cheatin' - subtract all his posts from his thread and your posts from your thread and it's even. Or was...this one breaks the tie. :D

Lest I be accused of adding a superfluous post - do you use a drysuit in those chilly waters? I am still shocked and in awe at the temperatures you and others around the globe dive in. You must be truly dedicated. I suppose once I dive cold waters (or perhaps invest in a drysuit) I'll change my tune.

navy85: did you actually add that up or are you just guessing? If you added it up then I think you have too much time on your hands :wink: .
I'm a wimp so I went for the drysuit all the way. I've never stepped foot in the ocean in a wet suit (that is if you don't count my leaky drysuit as a wet suit :D ). However many many people here dive year round in 14mm wet suits. They tell me that they're warm enough (most of the time) but I think they're lying. Anyway, in a dry suit (or a dry, dry suit) the water out here can be really nice (especially on a summer day). If you want to talk about really cold water talk to sparky30 about diving in the great lakes. When are you planning your excursion into your local waters?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom