New girl from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings from Niagara Falls.. Home of the killer drift dive :)
I've only got one afternoon of diving in BC so far (The Cape Breton and Clark Rock) but it was awesome.. I'm coming back for more this fall.

Dooh.. Wrong button.. This was supposed to go to lady6gill's thread..Ah welL.. Don't I just feel like a mudpuppy now..

So what did you think of the Cape Breton? I've made around 8 -10 dives on the Breton and could easily do another dozen or so. My dive partner and I did our first dive on the Breton about 5 days after she was sunk. I love this dive, my only complaint is the depth doesn't allow much bottom time short of doing a deco dive.

welcome aboard! good luck on your dm course =-)

ColdH20diving once bubbled...
So what did you think of the Cape Breton? I've made around 8 -10 dives on the Breton and could easily do another dozen or so. My dive partner and I did our first dive on the Breton about 5 days after she was sunk. I love this dive, my only complaint is the depth doesn't allow much bottom time short of doing a deco dive.

I loved it..It was real nice and clean 'cause it was pretty new.. I didn't do any penetration dives.. That will come this fall.. Can't wait..

Hey everyone, Thanks,
Jean-Paul, Don't think I'll be in Holland soon, but if you're out this way let me know. Not done my DM yet, but I'm finishing the map this weekend
Icediver, come out here, we don't need to break through the ice to go diving. Of course going to the really cold water and swimming with the Beluga's does have its appeal.

Sparky30 and ColdH2Odiving: CapBreton eh? My LDS always has trips out to do one dive on the Sask and one on the Cape. I may have to tag along one day. To be honest, my best wreck dive was on the Schaudier (spelling??). It's gotten a bad wrap from some people, but every time I'm there the vis is great and it's such a beautiful secluded spot that it makes for a great day. On top of it there is something spooky about seeing a ship laying on its side. Thanks for the imput

lady6gill,
You should try diving in the Great Lakes.. Especially around Kingston and Brockville.. ton's of great wrecks.. awesome vis (usually) and fresh water... Its pretty neat..
I really enjoyed the Cape Breton.. Sometime this fall I'll be back to spend a week diving. I want to check out all the other wrecks.. Can you recomend a good LDS in the Vancouver area?

We were on the breton about 3 weeks ago, 46F and 60+ feet viz. a great dive. my 7th dive on the Breton. Coming back with my reels next time. buddy was a rookie so i didn't get to play inside.

check out www.mossmanscubaventures.com he just got back (tonight?) from a trip and has some great shots of the "inner" breton.

I Should be heading back down in a few months....

Willer

Back
Top Bottom