New Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to all of the great info and advice off of Scuba Board I made the big plunge today and bought my first set of gear. I'm totally psyched to go try it out tomorrow. I ended up buying a Zeagle Ranger BC with Octo+, Apeks TX50 regulator and Suunto Vyper computer console.

I've got the TX50 and the Vyper. You're gonna love them both!

Congrats GP! There's no turning back now!!!

-kate

We always love to hear if our recommedations paid out as expected. We would be happy to hear from you as your experience grows. This set-up will last you for quite some time.
Congratulations.

ID

Hey I am volunteering for the position

Sounds like you've made some well researched choices for gear, Congrats!
and Enjoy!

Tavi

I got to try out my new gear today at a local lake and it was great! Water temp was 52 degrees and I was wearing my 7mil Henderson Gold Farmer John suit. I'd never dove a back inflation BC before and the Ranger was great. It felt much more streamlined than the rental jackets I'd used before and I liked not being squeezed when I inflated the bladder. I was able to maintain a very good horizontal position in the water and controlling my buoyancy seemed quite easy. I didn't experience any problems with face planting at the surface either which was something I was a little concerned about prior to diving a back inflation BC. The Apeks was great of course and a much smoother breather than the lower line rental regs I'd used before. I also liked the fact that it had no bubble interference in my field of vision at all...the bubbles were directed under my chin and slightly back. The Vyper was very nice and I had no problem reading the display underwater. Can't wait to log some more dives before the water freezes over for the winter.

Which lake were you in? Four of us were out at Christmas lake by Excelsior yesterday. It was a beautiful day for a dive.

JoelW

Originally posted by JoelW
Which lake were you in? Four of us were out at Christmas lake by Excelsior yesterday. It was a beautiful day for a dive.

JoelW

I was at Square Lake. How was the viz at Christmas lake? I've never been there before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom