New Garmin MK2i T1 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll call Garmin in the morning… have another question for them, ran into another problem in the pool today, transmitter wasn’t chirping I lost the ant connection before I hit 4 feet when the dive timer started, had to go down another 2 feet before it started chirping. Tried to raise the power setting at the surface but discovered when I renamed my transmitter It overwrites the ID number (ID is written on the transmitter). Lol

Not sure if this is normal, the transmitter manual doesn’t mention at what depth it transition from ant to sonar.

It should switch at the same depth as the watch about 4 or 5 feet. But there is a slight lag.

How long did you stay at 4 feet?

In a pool I always use low and can be ober 30 feet away and it still has signal.

It should switch at the same depth as the watch about 4 or 5 feet. But there is a slight lag.

How long did you stay at 4 feet?

In a pool I always use low and can be ober 30 feet away and it still has signal.
I just checked power it was already set to standard. I’d say 15 seconds before I moved down to where it started chirping.

Off the phone with Garmin, they will get back to me on the TTS timer and possible error in the manual. As far as the transmitter the way they put it is there is a dead-time. Watch starts the dives timer around 4 feet, transmitter is independent and will start chirping around 5 to 10 feet. tech-support didn’t know why this was designed this way. My thought is the depth sensor in the watch is different, transmitter is more of a depth switch, where the watch is a sophisticated sensor and sends out a proportional signal. The ant signal is lost around 2 to 3 feet.

Just the other day I read someone reporting poor calibration after transmitter runs out of battery during storage. It reads 40-50 bars more than normal.
I also finally got my self to contact Garmin support and asked a photo of garmin vs analog spg (Sounds like they did not trust me because I already wrote them what is in the picture). Anyway I went to LDS where they sell Garmin products and compared two transmitters, mine 206 bar, theirs 227 bar. I am now waiting for an answer. I am not sure what to think anymore, I basically had 2 problem devices..

Did your LDS compare the two transmitters to their fill station calibrated digital gauge? Or your watch and two transmitters?

On the TTS issue the asked for pictures then ask to have access to my Garmin connect. Said the were going to open a case and have engineering look at it.

Did your LDS compare the two transmitters to their fill station calibrated digital gauge? Or your watch and two transmitters?
We just top up a tank verified their gauge and my spg is roughly comparable. Then I compared my analog spg to my T1. Next, removed my t1 and tested theirs. I think my spg was showing 235b, their T1 227 and my T1 206.

Response from Garmin on the issue… but it does include stops once you go into decompression.

It looks like the watch is functioning as designed, it is not supposed to include the time from any stops in the TTS. We have submitted a manual change to make sure the wording correctly reflects the function of the watch to avoid any confusion in the future.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom