Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Nash

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi buddies!

Long time listener, first time caller :)

I've been traveling around the world for over two 1/2 years now (technically homeless but I call it honefull ) and this has allowed me to dive all around the world. From my experiences I grew frustrated at times finding quality dive shops easily (especially if I'm just arriving on an island), as well as answering the same questions (last dive, certification, number of dives, equipment size, blah blah). What beer did they have on tap? Did they take credit cards? Is their schedule full tomorrow? What sites do they dive and what days? What accommodations do they suggest?

Anyway... I was never able to find a quality site or app that covered my needs, especially one that cared about the quality of the data and if it was current.

So... I've developed my own and it's free for divers (and dive shops too, they will like it because dive masters can accept tips via the app)!

From home page you'll easily see nearest dive center, your logged dives you can rotate from, easy search of dive sites and centers including ability to call them, send them your diver profile, get directions etc... logging dives and other features don't require an online connection and they always sync to the cloud.

Really I thought of everything I could think of for all the frustrations I've had diving the last few years. Announced it at DEMA and a friend suggest I posted it here for feedback and future ideas / enhancements.

Currently only got IOS version but Android is coming very soon.

The app is called iScubaToo and can be found in the App Store on iTunes. Would love any feedback you have. You can download it at www.iscubatoo.com/ios.

Thanks buddies :)

Chad

Attachments

• IMG_8779.JPG
    IMG_8779.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ISCUBATOO_APP_4_profile2_equipment_woman.jpg
    ISCUBATOO_APP_4_profile2_equipment_woman.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 82
  • ISCUBATOO_APP_6_logbook_logs.jpg
    ISCUBATOO_APP_6_logbook_logs.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 81
Welcome to SB.
A great place to learn and enjoy.

I downloaded it. Will see and give feedback. Thanks.

Thanks, the release posted is an exciting start but I'm more excited about the bear future.

We've added ...
- ability to review five sites and shops without just through dive logs, however dive logs reviews of site and shop will have more weight in the rating.

- sort in list view by distance or rating

- tip dive centers / shops directly in the app

Soon you'll be able to see dive centers scheduled, put a deposit down, and when you show up they will already have all your profile ready including certification, equipment blah blah blah

Anyway I'm very excited to see this out and get feedback, certainly many enhancements we can add to improve this for everyone in the diving community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom