New fin time...HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another recommendation for Jets.
I’ve had Jets for years now. I’ve tried many different types of fins including F1’s, Turtles, Quatros, Sea Wings, Apollo Splits, Duck Feet, and many others.
Once I got used to the Jets, I realized that no other fin can really do what it does. It’s a combo of the style, the length/width, the vents, amount of flex, the width of the side walls, the weight, all of it. Turtles come close and I could be happy using those in their place.
F1’s just lacked IMO and I didn’t like them, hard to kick and didn’t seem to get anywhere. The Nova’s were just wierd and didn’t even work well for the one kick they were designed for. I thought the SP split jets actually worked better that Novas, and they both sucked.
Jet’s are where it’s at, they came out in 1965 and still the best fin. The most versitile and durable fin ever made.
Just look at any dealer review and you’ll see hundreds of reviews and comments about them.

I dive and love the XTs, I hated Jets, I wore a large which has a tiny blade surface, I also found them uncomfortable as hell, my feet are not LEGO blocks. YMMV.

I ended up going with XTs. I've had now had 10ish dives in them ranging from 8m to 42m, open ocean surge to wrecks, and am really happy with them.

I dove Jets for the first 15 years or so of my diving and switched over to F1s about 8 or 9 years ago. I just went back to my old Jets out of a bit of nostalgia and I actually think I prefer them to the F1s. They are a tad bit lighter (which is nice because I have to carry my gear up to my 3rd floor apartment) and a bit less bulky overall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom