New fin recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of us have had the opportunity to really try out many fins, We've all ended up with a fin that fits us well. For me, it is the Dive Rite XT with 3, 5, or 7 mm full suit, with or without a 5/3 mm hooded vest. Your mileage may vary, best of luck.

If you want heavy fins, get something made of black rubber, like my current Tusa X-Pert Zoom Z3. This topic was discussed already back in 2008.

None of us have had the opportunity to really try out many fins, We've all ended up with a fin that fits us well. For me, it is the Dive Rite XT with 3, 5, or 7 mm full suit, with or without a 5/3 mm hooded vest. Your mileage may vary, best of luck.
A little pricy, eh Scubadada!

Finning already uses enough energy without going backwards with heavy fins and ankle weights.
Lower the weight positioning in your bc Kimela, put some of your weight on a belt

Scubapro go sport fins were my choice and I really like them. Enough power, travel well, come in full foot or bootie versions. I can hover and camera easily. Used them with currents in Maldives, and they were fine.

Hollis F2s are a good fin, slightly negative and pack real easy in a suitcase.
On safety stops I can't stay in a vertical position - even when I'm grossly overweighted, my feet want to go above my head.
Sounds like you have more of a "trim" issue rather than a "fin" issue

Dive Rite XTs are slightly negatively buoyant, powerful, good with all kicks, smaller sizes are proportionally scaled down

View attachment 686516

Another vote for these fins. I own 2.5 pair of this generation and 1 pair of the prior generation. I love the power and control they provide with frog & back kicks. They aren’t ideally suited to flutter kick due to their stiffness; however, when I do need to flutter (powering to the boat on the surface for example or power kicking into a current for a short distance) they provide the power needed. They are incredibly well made and are built to last.

Hollis F2s are a good fin, slightly negative and pack real easy in a suitcase.

Sounds like you have more of a "trim" issue rather than a "fin" issue
Tell me more ... about the trim issue ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom