Negative buoyant fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridanewbe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife needs to wear ankle weights. She is going to buy fins soon and asked me if I had any information on fins that are more negatively buoyant. I do not so please help me out. What fins would you recommend. I do not want to start the split / non split debate,( its been covered and covered ) I am really interested in buoyancy.:D

Apollo splits are also negative. They're very flexy, so determine what kind of propulsion works best for her.

Scuba Pro Twin Jets, Black, are negatively buoyant.
They are a stiffer split fin than the grays.

what size feet?

How many lbs does she wear on her ankles?

Have you tried moving weight around? Lower her tank a bit?

Jets with spring straps are fairly negative.

3lbs on ankle (1 1/2 each)
wearing a total of 20 pounds. she was going to try to distribute them next time she dives and put a few in upper pocket and a few in back pocket. Has not tried to slide tank lower, that sounds like a good suggestion. The problem is mostly lower, once down she can manuever easy and has good bouyancy. it is getting down.
she exhales all the way out so does not have lungs full of air. We had heard something about bone density being an issue.
she tried both scuba pro twin jets they were all right; tried aqualung slingshots, tried the new scubo pro... hated the new ones. She has free dive fins volo race now from snorkeling and she has always liked those, good movement. hasn't used diving yet though as lds here does not encourage the use of them.
She is also earing 3mm suit as she gets cold easy.
Thanks for your help, we know it is trial and error but any input is appreciated

3lbs on ankle (1 1/2 each)
wearing a total of 20 pounds. she was going to try to distribute them next time she dives and put a few in upper pocket and a few in back pocket. Has not tried to slide tank lower, that sounds like a good suggestion. The problem is mostly lower, once down she can manuever easy and has good bouyancy. it is getting down.
she exhales all the way out so does not have lungs full of air. We had heard something about bone density being an issue.
she tried both scuba pro twin jets they were all right; tried aqualung slingshots, tried the new scubo pro... hated the new ones. She has free dive fins volo race now from snorkeling and she has always liked those, good movement. hasn't used diving yet though as lds here does not encourage the use of them.
She is also earing 3mm suit as she gets cold easy.
Thanks for your help, we know it is trial and error but any input is appreciated
The Jets with spring straps will add a bit of negative weight with lower the tank sounds like it just might the need for you.

My wife needs to wear ankle weights. She is going to buy fins soon and asked me if I had any information on fins that are more negatively buoyant. I do not so please help me out. What fins would you recommend. I do not want to start the split / non split debate,( its been covered and covered ) I am really interested in buoyancy.:D

Force Fins are negatively buoyant
Force Fin swim fins

Aeries Duo Velocity's(split) are slightly N.B. and are very 'easy' to wear......Good price @ $90 from ST(free shipping & no taxes)...........

Jets with springs seems like the best bet. thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom