New Drysuit Fittment

Is the suit too big?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jammer84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

Just looking for people's comments on the fit of the drysuit in the pic. Some say the fit looks OK and some say it is too big.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_5836.jpg
    IMG_5836.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5840.jpg
    IMG_5840.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5850.jpg
    IMG_5850.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5848.jpg
    IMG_5848.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 41
Looks like a great fit to me!! You must understand that a drysuit doesnt stretch. If it fit you perfect in length, you would never be able to bend your arms, legs, or bend at the waist. You will always have extra material so you can move.

The important pictures are of you bending your arms, bringing your knee into your chest, squat...and then look at the pics and see if its too big.

Are you wearing an undergarment in these pics?

Torso looks a bit long to me, and the arms just a bit too long, but nothing too bad. Unfortunate the pockets are in the wrong place... :)

It's not bad. Maybe a tad long in the torso, but that will depend on whether you were wearing the same undergarments you intend to wear when diving it.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I am wearing an Otter Artic 200 tog undersuit. It's the one I'll probably be mainly wearing with the suit unless I get awfully cold and get the commercial 300 tog!

I will try those exercises and get some pics taken and post them up.

I was going to get the pockets put on the side but talking to a couple of lads that had them, they said there is no real need. The main things I will have in them is the reel and smb with mini cylinder so generally there will be nothing left in them when re-entering the boat. I was also going to go for the pee zip but I was told there was no point and also that it was an extra worry point.:-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom