New diving related (log book) iPhone App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2.0 is past testing at this point, thanks for the offers. The next major release will need more testers though. I have no idea when that will be, it sort of depends on what people want added. At this point the only thing that I have not really added that I can think of is support for both imperial and metric. This is because I am still trying to decide how to implement it. Once 2.0 hits let me know if you find something missing!

I am hoping it will be up in a week or so. If you have already bought 1.0 it will show up as an upgrade as soon as it becomes available on the app store (once Apple approves it).

I have done some evaluation of Dark Eternal's app for him (as a newb), but I am not associated with his venture in any way. IMHO he is very responsive to suggestions and addresses them quickly. I continue to look forward to good things from this app.

im still having trouble just being able to select data entry points in this app, and its also hard to get to comments section, i have iPhone4

What exactly do you mean having trouble selecting them? As in your touches are not registering? The selection points are similar in size to the built in keyboard keys, do you have issues touching the wrong key also? Do you have some kind of screen protector on it?

All of the buttons and textfields are created equal, so if you are having a harder time selecting one than another I wonder if its something specific on your phone (like a less sensitive area on your screen that is just showing its ugly head here)

If you can elaborate on your problem a little more I will see what I can find out.

Any field that doenst have a box to fill is very difficult for a touch to bring up that entry location, so its just the field with the drop do boxes with information for that field, i think these touch locations are just too small. Also the next button does not go to these fields when filling out the form.

2.0 is past testing at this point, thanks for the offers. The next major release will need more testers though. I have no idea when that will be, it sort of depends on what people want added. At this point the only thing that I have not really added that I can think of is support for both imperial and metric. This is because I am still trying to decide how to implement it. Once 2.0 hits let me know if you find something missing!

I am hoping it will be up in a week or so. If you have already bought 1.0 it will show up as an upgrade as soon as it becomes available on the app store (once Apple approves it).

IOS 4.2 is "supposed" to allow printing the IPad and I was wondering will your app support printing on the IPad?

Thanks!

IOS 4.2 is "supposed" to allow printing the IPad and I was wondering will your app support printing on the IPad?

Thanks!

Right now 4.2 only support printers with built in AirPrint support (a few HP Printers), I do not currently own any of these and have no way to test. However, I DO want to add printing of log pages in the near future. A lot more printers should start to support the feature and hopefully I can get my hands on one or more of these to use.

The app will run on the iPad if it is upgraded to 4.2 (just tested it on one last night). It is still only an iPhone native app so will display accordingly but native iPad support is something I want to work on in the future. It is a pretty major undertaking and will probably be the main feature of 3.0 sometime this winter or spring.

So basically, yes I will be supporting printing in the future, I just do not have a very clear timeline of when it will be. Hopefully sooner than later.

On a side note, I have been hard at work on a 2.1 update that has a few bug fixes and adds some features. Most notably I finally decided how I wanted metric support to work and have implemented it.

Any field that doenst have a box to fill is very difficult for a touch to bring up that entry location, so its just the field with the drop do boxes with information for that field, i think these touch locations are just too small. Also the next button does not go to these fields when filling out the form.

The areas you can touch are about as big as I can make them without completely reorganizing the screen. There is basically zero dead space between the arrows, I would have to space them out even more to enlarge the touch sensitive area. Is anyone else having this issue?

The next button is not designed to do anything but switch between the text fields on the page. I think having it switch to different picker views etc... would get too complicated. As always I am open to suggestions though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom