New Divers in Sept.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rk294

New
Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to this forum but was looking for some advice. My bride to be and myself are getting married in Belize in Sept. (9/21 to be exact). We are staying at Victoria house in A/C. She is completing her open water certification next weekend and I have had my NAUI since college (10 years +, not to date :) I have not been diving in a few years and I would consider myself a novice, but was looking for some appropriate level dives that we could take together. I have ruled the Blue Hole out, but wanted to find something exciting for us to on a couple of different dives or days. Can you all recommend some locations as well as dive companies that are well respected and have pretty current equipment? I want her introduction to be a good one that we can build on and enjoy a lifetime of diving together. Any other inside to San Pedro and A/C would be appreciated as well.We will be there 9-17 through 9-25 of this year. I appreciate the help in advance!

We dove with Chuck and Robbie's when we went in May. They were good, safe, attentive, fun, and helped our group consisting of newbie divers feel really comfortable. The dive sites were a short trip from their dock, so no long boat rides. The DM's were all really great, equipment was good, I never felt rushed or unsafe. I spoke with them about concerns I had (if the group goes too deep I may bubble watch from 10-15 feet shallower, etc) and they were very accommodating to that. However, we all stayed with the group the whole time as the dives we did I felt were well within my level of skill and comfort-- and so did everyone else in our group, including a newly certified diver.

Edit: Don't miss eating at Wild Mango while you are there. Best meal I had on the Island!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom