New diver question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that what you wanted was covered above. But I'll pass on one piece of advice that was passed on to me. If your LDS trys to sell you a BC without the LP inflator hose, beat them over the head:D (preferrably with the inflator hose). 99% of the time the LP inflator hose is shipped with the BC and some shops have been known to remove the hoses and sell them separately.

BTW Aqualung/Sea-quest/Apeks are great products

I just went through the same thing myself while looking for a regulator set-up.

You should be able to find a deal at your local shops as someone mentioned in their annual sales. I just got certified this past summer and already two shops have had their big annual sales with very competitive pricing.

Also, sometimes you can find new equipment for good prices at such sales. I found a great deal on a set-up that included a Scubapro Mk18/HPG250 and R390 Octo. I think they were able to give a good price because Scubapro doesn't make the Mk18 anymore and because it was packaged with a Halcyon MC system as a deal. The only thing left to purchase was the gauge. I saw a similar deal for the regulator set at another shop at their annual sale. Keep saving and keep your eyes open and you'll find something.

I think your plan is a good one, Kawika. Find out if you REALLY love this pastime before you drop the very substantial bank necessary to purchase the most basic of equipment. At the same time, I'd recommend vetting any shops you rent from. I have fond memories of being asked in Belize to dive on a set of regs that consisted of two (cheap) occys.

BTW, I love my Titan LX. It does everything I want for a very reasonable price.

You do realize that this thread is more than 2 years old and that Kawika mostlikely already bought his regs a while ago? :D

Aw, crud. How embarassing. I saw the thread in the "Recent Threads" column on the home page, and thought I had something constructive to say! Guess I know not to rely on THAT again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom