New Diver in Maui April 5th - 11th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wasn't so much of a bad experiance for me per say. It was just that from what i saw, I'm not sure that i would dive with them as a certified diver. My group was 3 students (myself included) with the one instructor on both days. My instructor the first day was good, but on the second day the new instructor was exceptional. If you're staying in that area and are doing referral I would recommend them. The only down side was the price and the instructor change (not sure if this is normal?) that could have potientally been a problem, but for me it was not. As far recommending them for certified divers I dont know if i would or wouldnt. It wouldnt be fair to say i wouldnt recommend them because both of my dives we're to the turtle reef and mala warf area which may be one of the more crowded dives due to discover scuba, student, and certified divers all on the boat. So i couldnt tell you what the service is like on their other dives.

The referral dives with them were cool. The first day we saw a million turtles and both dives were pretty cool. Second day we didn't do as much exploring of the reef. It was more skill tests and such though we still saw eels, an octo, and lots of turtles once again. Didn't see any sharks with them but saw a few white tips when I dove molokini with B&B, as well as a manta ray and lots of eels at red hill.

Lahaina Divers always puts their students and Discover Scuba folks on their afternoon charters. Those are the charters for certified divers to avoid at all costs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom