New Diver in Madison, CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twg519

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm another newbie who decided to join these boards. Actually, I'm still a couple weeks away from finishing my certification, so I guess I don't even qualify for a "newb" position yet. You could say I'm some sort of prenatal diver.

I'm very excited to begin what should be a very rewarding and lasting hobby. I've always felt like I've lacked a certain definitive interest or hobby. I guess I just don't get the same thrill that others do out of coin collecting, pilates, and other more common activities. But when I stumbled upon a local dive shop offering certification classes, I instantly knew this was for me. (The price tags however, were a different story.)

Anyway, I'm excited to learn a lot from these boards and maybe meet some other northeast divers. (Connecticut, anyone?)

Hi twg519...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

You'll find this is going to be one of the best things you ever done in your life ... for expensive ... you ever bowl, play golf, softball, volleyball etc. ? At least your equipment will last and last just like the energizer bunny as long as it's serviced yearly.

Welcome to the board twg519

Your discretionary cash (and then some) now has a purpose!

Good luck wrapping up your course. Do you know where you are going for your check-out dives?

Pete

^I'm not totally sure (It definitely seems like something I should know by now), but wherever I go it's only a short while away!

ou'll find this is going to be one of the best things you ever done in your life ... for expensive ... you ever bowl, play golf, softball, volleyball etc. ? At least your equipment will last and last just like the energizer bunny as long as it's serviced yearly.
Haha, very true. Looking at some of my brother's golf clubs makes this seem like a much more wallet-friendly option. :)

Small world....I used to wait tables at Cafe Allergre about 10 years ago, I used to hang at Lynch and Malones. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the club.

There's some diving pretty close to you in the Stonington area, or you could head up to Rhode Island, and Mass.

If you get certified soon, you'll be just in time to dive before the water temps in the Atlantic begin to drop.

Hope to see you at one of the sites soon.

Hey everyone! I'm another newbie who decided to join these boards. Actually, I'm still a couple weeks away from finishing my certification, so I guess I don't even qualify for a "newb" position yet. You could say I'm some sort of prenatal diver.

I'm very excited to begin what should be a very rewarding and lasting hobby. I've always felt like I've lacked a certain definitive interest or hobby. I guess I just don't get the same thrill that others do out of coin collecting, pilates, and other more common activities. But when I stumbled upon a local dive shop offering certification classes, I instantly knew this was for me. (The price tags however, were a different story.)

Anyway, I'm excited to learn a lot from these boards and maybe meet some other northeast divers. (Connecticut, anyone?)
Welcome, I too am new to this site and will be active in the Madison, Clinton area now that I have a boat in Clinton. I got certified here 10 years ago and now have 734 dives although mostly tropical. I agree with everyone else in that this hobby/sport is money well spent. Hope to see you there!

Wow, it is a rare event when I beat Dandy Don in greeting a new member! Hope you enjoy your time here with us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom