New Diver, Have bags, will travel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Cid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm hoping to complete my certification dives at Vortex Springs this weekend and then I'll be ready to hit the water! Can't say that its a lifelong dream to scuba, and I'm really getting certified on a whim, but after the pool dives, I might be hooked. I live in Huntsville, AL, and am from (visit quite often) Charleston, SC. Anyone got suggestions for good dive sites in either?

Also I'm looking for dive buddies so anyone interested, let me know. Turns out I work less than a half mile from Madison Acquatic park. Might be pretty cool to dive among space junk. At any rate, looking forward to being on the boards.

Welcome To The Board!

Welcome to SB!

Good luck on your certification.

You'll be able to find a lot of information about local diving in both SC and AL in the Regional Travel and Dive Clubs forum. Enjoy.

:cheers:

smilies-41093.png

Check out your local forum here..!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

VTCustom.jpg

Welcome Aboard !
Check out the Deep Dixie Divers section of the board.:wink:

Welcome to Scubaboard. There are lots of members in Al. Come down to ABWA in Pelham and dive with us.

Thanks for the welcome. I might have to head to Pelham sometime. There is a quarry less than a half mile from where I work that has burried spacestation hardware, a minuteman missle and an F-4 Phantom!!! Just saw a website that says they closed in 2005 though. Just my luck. I found two local dive clubs (SEAS and SDI Scuba's club) that meet the first week of the month. Once I get a few dive buddies, I might go to the river, or keep an eye out for places to go with em.

Have I mentioned I miss the ocean?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom