New Diver and Dive Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only has NeMEed finished her certification, she's already done two post-cert dives. We did the shallow tour of Cove 2 on Monday, and she was a real trooper about being in that water in a wetsuit. A braver woman than I am!

I am still amazed whenever I see someone tough that out. (Wet Suit). Especially women.

If she likes it so far, she's really going to like it dry and warm. (Relatively speaking anyway).

BTW, I've seen over the years how involved you, Bob, and some of the others have become in working with new divers to make sure they get out and dive in this area, and meet the right people. Many cudos to you folks for your efforts and time.

Thank you! Honestly, I was shown so much generosity and kindness when I was a brand new, shaky and completely incompetent diver, that it gives me great joy to pay that forward. I haven't had as much time to do it this summer as I would have liked, so hooking up with NeMEed was a treat for me.

Not only has NeMEed finished her certification, she's already done two post-cert dives. We did the shallow tour of Cove 2 on Monday, and she was a real trooper about being in that water in a wetsuit. A braver woman than I am!

I had a really good time on Monday! Even if most of the time in the water I was vertical with my fins pointing to the sky. :dork2: lol But you guys where all awesome!! Didn't even mention how young I look (usually the first thing someone comments on lol). I really enjoyed listening to your stories after the dive as well! You guys are pretty funny! :rofl3:

Thanks again for taking me out with you guys and showing me the ropes, as well as going over the top and letting me use some of your gear!! :) I really like the wrist computer. The jets I'm not much of a fan of, I think I like my splits better, but it was really nice to be able to try all of the gear on and see how I liked it! Those spring straps are awesome by the way! ^_^

I'm hoping to do another dive this weekend too! :) Not real sure on it yet though, need to firm up some of my own plans. And my sister will have her OW Cert. in Dec. :D Yay!

I am still amazed whenever I see someone tough that out. (Wet Suit). Especially women.

If she likes it so far, she's really going to like it dry and warm. (Relatively speaking anyway).

BTW, I've seen over the years how involved you, Bob, and some of the others have become in working with new divers to make sure they get out and dive in this area, and meet the right people. Many cudos to you folks for your efforts and time.

hehe the water really wasn't bad and out of the water.....well.......let's just say that whichever one of them brought that jug of hot water is my new best friend! That felt awesome after I poured it over my head! Even if it was a bit hot lol.

Thank you! Honestly, I was shown so much generosity and kindness when I was a brand new, shaky and completely incompetent diver, that it gives me great joy to pay that forward. I haven't had as much time to do it this summer as I would have liked, so hooking up with NeMEed was a treat for me.

hehe I guess at the very least I was good for practicing rescuing someone :rofl3: LOL

It was definitely a real treat for me to hook up with you guys as well! I couldn't of asked for a better diving buddy!! :) Thanks!

Glad you had a great time! Let us know your dive schedule and we can hook up and show you around and help you out.
Kirsten

I'm a new diver in the area also... I've got a friend who's pretty experienced, and we've just started trying to hit the water once a week or so. We plan to dive Edmonds during the week mostly, but we're really flexible. If you'd like to come with us we're always open to another buddy!

So many options, good to know! Not new to diving, but definitely be new to diving Puget Sound around April 2008. That's right guys, soon you'll be saying "Hey Neighbor" to me :) Looking forward to meeting you all guys!

I hope you don't mind but I am also new to the area (from the equally cold and dark waters of the North Shore, MA) and am looking for people to dive with. Can dive Mondays, Tuesdays and some afternoons. If anyone is looking for a buddy and wants to dive, please let me know!

Drew

I hope you don't mind but I am also new to the area (from the equally cold and dark waters of the North Shore, MA) and am looking for people to dive with. Can dive Mondays, Tuesdays and some afternoons. If anyone is looking for a buddy and wants to dive, please let me know!

Drew
Don't mind at all ... I work a day job (the usual business hours), but often dive after work. If a late afternoon dive works for you, let me know ... I can be at most dive sites between Seattle and Tacoma around 4 to 4:30 PM.

You might also consider posting on Northwest Dive Club ... it's a local forum consisting of a bunch of very active, friendly divers who are always looking for other folks to dive with.

Where in MA did you come from? I lived in that area for 23 years ... various places from Hingham to Rockport to Worcester ... sadly, I didn't dive back then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey everyone - I'm new to the area and I'm happy to see that there are lots of active divers out there. I'll probably be occupied until the end of February, but I look forward to diving with everyone.

-Nick

Back
Top Bottom