New dive spot !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
I'm guessing pricey if they are going for a theme park type of deal. Wonder if you will be able to just go to the Scuba area without paying full park admission. Even then not sure how much I'd be willing to fork over to dive in basically a big pool with some fake plants, coral and structure. I can't see it being more than a one-time dive to satisfy my curiosity type of thing.

-Garrett

Kinda like diving in an aquarium – without the real fish. Maybe it will have a window so tourists can watch new divers on their knees or acting like a lawn dart or a poseidon missile!

Dave

What we need is for an entreprenuer to buy up a rock quarry and convert it!

Prefferably the one 300 yards from my house in Queen Creek... any takers? :D

Anyone know how that usually happens? I can't imagine that fees could cover the cost of purchasing the property. Although, what else could be done with an old rock quarry. :huh:

namabiru:
As long as we can put sharks, with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads!, and ill-tempered sea bass, in there, that'd be super.
austin-powers-cocktail-glass-4900072.jpg

justin957:
What we need is for an entreprenuer to buy up a rock quarry and convert it!

Prefferably the one 300 yards from my house in Queen Creek... any takers? :D

Anyone know how that usually happens? I can't imagine that fees could cover the cost of purchasing the property. Although, what else could be done with an old rock quarry. :huh:

The problem is we still need water in it. It might get a puddle during monsoon season, but I think it would be dry most of the year. There's a rock quarry right off I-10 in Tucson that would be great too. We just don't have water!

The site mentions scube valets. If they let you dive doubles, I would love to see some lanky teenager trying to lug those around. :D
Sounds good to me though, I can take the family there. The kids can play at the park I can go diving and the wife can bake on the beach. Seeing as to the park will be catering to the masses the dive area will probabley be max 100' or more realistically 60'. The also is mention of a resort, would that mean a hotel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom