New dive spot !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T'is unspoilt nature right there. I wonder if they'll even have the place stocked with totally naturally-occurring Arizona fish such as tangs, sergeant majors, lionfish, frogfish, scorpionfish, clownfish, etc. :)

Last year there were rumors of a park like this being built out on the far west side--supposedly near land purportedly owned by Disney. I heard a couple weeks ago in passing where the project is, but I didn't pay too much attention because the concept was presented more like another "Big Surf" instead of a giant water park. Matt Salmon will be pulling every string he has to make it happen, because there will be some issues.

KazInAz:
It was in this morning's paper (3-6/07) its being built in Mesa. It was between Surprise and Mesa....Mesa won.

That's it...Dobson and 101, right near the Riverwalk development. I'm not terribly surprised that Mesa won out. I've dealt with the development folks in Mesa, and right now they'll give just about anything to get new revenue-generating businesses in town. For the project we were working on, Mesa Z&P was offering General Plan amendments tailored to our project if we needed it. And what really shocked me is Z&P was offering the pave the way for a Class 6 liquor license if we wanted one (Class 6 is a bar license--not many bars in Mesa, and it's a PITA to get through the hoops in a conservative area).

Looks cool, but won't be around until 2010. And it looks like it's going to be kind of pricey. Besides, I can go to the lake if I don't want to see fish! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom