New Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

korny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings All!

I would really appreciate any comments regarding a proposed Oceanic dive gear package.

The package I have put together so far is GT3 DVT w/CDX-5, Air XS Octo, Islander 2 BC and Pro Plus 2 deluxe. I will do most, if not all, my diving in the caribbean or Fla keys. At 5'10", 185 lbs and 51 years old do you have any general comments regarding this package or would you suggest any substitutes?

It appears all the problems with the Pro Plus 2 were 2006, 2007 or early 2008. Have the root causes of the flooding issues, or whatever caused the locking up, been resolved? My LDS (Aquatic Adventures, Hilliard OH) has already given me their take on these questions and I would just appreciate other opinions.

Best Regards,
Randy Korn
Lakeview, OH

Take a look at the Atomic SS1- I too dive mostly Oceanic, but found the Air XS difficult to hold above water to properly operate the buttons. Have been very happy with SS1- very easy to breathe.

Thanks a bunch for your input! I'll check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom