New DIR diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can be blunt, and still be polite.

Jason is quite the master at this. He has this way of saying "That might not be the best idea..." without actually saying it. Instead, he gets the other person to realize it for themselves. Must be all those years of teaching, or maybe it's a gift.

Hey, I'm not always polite, but the OP is just a young guy in high school excited about finding DIR. So he's not officially there yet. Big whoop.

Sometimes its not the destination, but the journey - that is where we gain our experience after all. :D

The world isn't always gentle and polite. Its takes both the TS&M's and the JeffG's to make it interesting, oh and some Jason B's too :D

I hope the OP has gone on to learn more about team diving in general. Given the profile and lack of posting history here I doubt it was a troll initially. Personally I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Mike Edmonston you are long past the doubting stage :mooner: :lotsalove:

All I'd like to mention is that the DIR club leaders in this country have long taken an approach of trying to welcome those interested in DIR, and to dispel the myths and counteract some of the perceptions of aloofness and intolerance that surround DIR. Does it work? Well, this is a typical DIR club dive day - you tell me:

009.jpg

To the OP, please stick around and ask all of the questions you would like. There is a fairly good source of information here to help you if you are interested in DIR. But, this thread has jumped the shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom