New Cypress Tree Growing at Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sorry to be off topic but am I the only person that it takes forever to get reply back about volunteering. I sent an email Tuesday night and still haven't gotten anything back.

I was hopeing to to dive tom. but looks like I won't get an email.

Does anyone have a phone number I can call?

I have a group of 3 people to dive so a buddy isn't the problem. Being in the computer age it shouldn't be a problem. You can get your email on your cell phone so I wouldn't think schdedule would be a problem.

I found a phone number on and DFS newsletter that was suppose to be for Pearl but it went to voice mail for Erica.

Plus I sent to the dive request on Tuesday so I gave plenty of time to get back to me.

I say invite them because hey it just one more for the darwin awards:D

grrr. i wish i could dive aquarena ... but $230 just for "authorization" to dive there :( come one!! i could get steel doubles for that!!

Look at it like this, for the $230 you get a lifetime of free admission and once they get to know you, a free air fill after your dive. You have to remember that the Aquarena Center has to support itself without major funding from the university. It costs money for staff, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, ....

The math works this way, If you pay $10 to get into Windy Point and dive two tanks, you are out $24. After 10 dive days, you are money ahead at Aquarena. As a bonus, you get to dive year round in a lake that has the best vis and wildlife for hundreds of miles. 72 degrees year round and on a very bad day 30' vis.

The down side is that diving is strictly controlled in the lake and you run into problems like Mike is having. Also, more often than not, you don't get to choose which part of the lake you are authorized to dive.

Not to mention the class is fascinating if you are at all interested in aquatic plants and animals; or history, or local hydrology. And if you can dive on Thursdays you might get the advanced diving class with the 2 most experienced Spring Lake divers out there. :)

As a bonus, you get to dive year round in a lake that has the best vis and wildlife for hundreds of miles. 72 degrees year round and on a very bad day 30' vis.

Don't forget the stunning yellow suits you get to wear too. And the spectators from the glass bottom boats.

I've only been a couple of times since getting certified last summer. I'm available as a buddy if needed, and available pretty much anytime.

Not sure if the yellow suits are a plus or a necessary evil for diving in the lake. I do know that there have been more pictures taken of me in yellow tights than any other clothing I own.

Got to talk with an interesting spectator last Thursday. The gentleman was a military diver from Burundi serving with their Marines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom