New Computer - Transferring Suunto Dive Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm just about to rebuild my home computer and I need to ideally be able to save my current Suunto Dive manager data logbook onto a CD and then reinstate it on the new hard drive once it's been done - is this possible and if so how?

Thanks for any info.

The same way you'd copy it to a 3.5 disc, but using your CD burning software. Save it as a named file with whatever extension your application software requires and then just copy it back to the root directory.

Yeah I know that, but what file(s) do I actually need to copy?

For instance, if I go into Program Files>SDM there are a number of files in there - which ones can I copy onto CD and then replace once I've reinstalled dive manager - I presume that will work?

I'm not familiar with your applications software, but all you have to do, assuming that you have the PROGRAM DISC, is to identify those files which are dives that have been down loaded, I would imagine they have a different file extension than your program files.
Copy those files to the CD, install the program software on your new pooter and then copy the dive files back to your dive program directory.

Go into Dive Manager and look at the bottom of the screen - it tells you the file name of the loaded logbook. It has a .sdl extention. Copy that file to a floppy or CD. Reinstall Dive Manager on the new system and copy the .sdl logbook/s back to the logbooks directory (or anywhere else as well - I keep it in My Documents as well) and when you start the new program close the example that loads by default - then use Open/browse to go to your file.

Great stuff, thanks for that.

You might want to copy or save your profile files too. I always change the name after each download (as suggested in the help file) and save the profiles.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom