New compressor for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have been asked to gather information about a new compressor for work. My company has a division that services portable fire extinguishers. They have always bought hyper filtered air for pressurizing these units from the local LDS. The department manager has not been happy with the treatment we have received from this shop even though we have been b uying air from them for years and have all of our cylanders hydro tested there.

Can anyone give me some information on good commercial grade compressors and information about filtration systems and maintenance. I may have just found my new fill shop.

Mitten Diver

I have a portable compressor that we use a lot a work. It takes a lot of abuse and keeps right on pumping air. The brand escapes me right now but I will check on it tomorrow if I get a chance. It fills an AL80 in about 20 minutes and runs on gasoline. Cost was around 3k I think.

WVDiver:
I have a portable compressor that we use a lot a work. It takes a lot of abuse and keeps right on pumping air. The brand escapes me right now but I will check on it tomorrow if I get a chance. It fills an AL80 in about 20 minutes and runs on gasoline. Cost was around 3k I think.

The compressor that we have is a Aerotecnica Coltri Sub, model MCH-6. It has been a real work horse for us. They make bigger portables, some even have cascade systems.

I would not recommend Max Air systems. I know two different angencies personally that have had nothing but trouble with them since the day they were new. Thus I bought the Aerotecnica.

Coltri Sub and Max Air compressors are almost identical (I think Max Air adds a priority valve the the MCH-6, not sure if Coltri does now). So performance and reliability should be similar.

Max-Air apparently was Coltri's official distributor in the US, but now Coltri appears to be selling to all comers, and there are many vendors now selling the Coltris here for considerably less than Max-Air wants.

WVDiver:
The compressor that we have is a Aerotecnica Coltri Sub, model MCH-6. It has been a real work horse for us. They make bigger portables, some even have cascade systems.

I would not recommend Max Air systems. I know two different angencies personally that have had nothing but trouble with them since the day they were new. Thus I bought the Aerotecnica.

oxyhacker:
Coltri Sub and Max Air compressors are almost identical (I think Max Air adds a priority valve the the MCH-6, not sure if Coltri does now). So performance and reliability should be similar.

:no: Maybe so but the Max Air definately does not have a good reputation in my area. Like I said I know of two first hand that have died with less than 20 hours on them. The kicker is that they have been in the shop ever since (has been over 10 months) and no one at the company can seem to explain the problem, fix the problem or offer an alternative solution. You know like a replacement.

The matter of the U.S.electro edition for us trade is his poor small E-Motor by 110V,i use the biger European edition to 220V, your edition will went to hot and fast that is gone,when you will use ours you need a special plug with a higher fuse...

7*

AireTex Compressors is the American distributor and the World's largest stocking ALKIN distributor. We have the W31 which is a 3.4 CFM (actual) compressor. The W31 is a much heavier duty compressor than most all portables and we have a real warranty. We do not void the warranty if you fill multiple tanks or cascade systems. Many of my customers are here on this forum, you may want to look back through some of the previous threads for information on AireTex. The W31 is a great compressor for personal use. I always reccommend the larger W32 8 CFM compressor for commercial use or any facility where you provide air for others because of the much larger filtration. Should have something to fit your needs. Thanks, Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom