New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s kind of funny in a sad way. At least, this time he won’t be able to cause more troubles for a while.

I take it that he got caught for the jewellery robbery.
Yes, and served time. They stole half a million of jewelry

It's been a long thread but my understanding is that it was the shipping and logistics people that first became concerned about the rebreather deal. Maybe they were under some legal obligation to notify the government?

I've never tried it but I think if I tried to ship some advanced tech to somebody on the government list, my forwarding and customs people would not cooperate. (or maybe even rat me out)

@BlueTrin

Follow the money - maybe?

Perhaps a foolish belief that using a 'cutout' would be the 'kings-x'?

You think that the RBs were paid for and the lure of a 'big sale' was the motivating factor?

Maybe the pressure of the RBs coming back into stock?

Maybe the pressure from creditors?

01 Kaizen dba Add Helium Chapter 7 Form 201 Petition 191104.pdf​
Ebersole v AH, Robotka, Sotis Complaint 2019CA-004008.pdf​
Case 0:19-cv-61436-RKA Document 1 Entered on FLSD Docket 06/10/2019 Page 1 of 14​
Armchem v. Add Helium LLC, CACE-18-023527, Circuit Court Broward County, Florida​
rabotka v add helium 2016-023011.pdf​
sotis tax liens, palm beach county, attached​

Why wouldn’t you abort/cancel this order after being warned by a government official?

It's been a long thread but my understanding is that it was the shipping and logistics people that first became concerned about the rebreather deal. Maybe they were under some legal obligation to notify the government?

I've never tried it but I think if I tried to ship some advanced tech to somebody on the government list, my forwarding and customs people would not cooperate. (or maybe even rat me out)

@tech_diver

Not quite the correct sequence. If you are curious re-read upstream

03 USA v SOTIS VOISSEM INDICTMENT Case 1/19-cr-20693-UU.pdf​

This isn't a crime of passion - it's a money case - +$100k sale, maybe more to come?

The case is far from over, there is more coming. The latest, defendants want a peek at Robotka's computer.

123 USA v SOTIS Ds want Robotka's computer 1/19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf​

And more on the Kaizen BK.

71 Kaizen dba Add Helium Chapter 7 $109k on hand 211021.pdf​

Attachments

• palm beach cty clerk comptroller search sotis peter 200604.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 62
  • sotis fed tax lien 2004 2005 2010 2011 2012 dated 04AUG2017.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 60
  • sotis fed tax lien 2013 2015 dated 25JUL2017.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 71
  • sotis fed tax lien 2014 dated 06OCT2016.pdf
    48.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 123 USA v SOTIS Ds want Robotka's computer 1:19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf
    540.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 71 Kaizen dba Add Helium Chapter 7 $109k on hand 211021.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 66

I’m a licensed customs broker. We are licensed by CBP. Individual licenses are difficult to get. Took me a year of studying and I passed the exam on the second try. Some people don’t get it after multiple tried. CBP makes the exam difficult. Anyway, there’s no f’ing way I’d risk my license and livelihood aiding illegal activities. You can bet I would report it. Or if you think something is suspicious, you refuse the business. Did that yesterday. Someone was trying to bring in dietary supplements and skirt FDA regulations. It was sketchy enough that we said no.

I’m a licensed customs broker. We are licensed by CBP. Individual licenses are difficult to get. Took me a year of studying and I passed the exam on the second try. Some people don’t get it after multiple tried. CBP makes the exam difficult. Anyway, there’s no f’ing way I’d risk my license and livelihood aiding illegal activities. You can bet I would report it. Or if you think something is suspicious, you refuse the business. Did that yesterday. Someone was trying to bring in dietary supplements and skirt FDA regulations. It was sketchy enough that we said no.

The best, safest and most worry free way to go about life is to go by the book, the whole book and nothing but the book. The book is good!

May I ask what any of that means? :confusing:

Read upstream - evade export controls by using an 'intermediary company'.
03 USA v SOTIS VOISSEM INDICTMENT Case 1/19-cr-20693-UU.pdf​

Pp 5
The Ds thought they were too clever for the feds. How did that turn out for the pair?​

Attachments

• Pp5 Indt.png
    Pp5 Indt.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 48

1 New Entry in United States v. Sotis (1:19-cr-20693)​

District Court, S.D. Florida​

Document
Number
Date FiledDescriptionDownload PDF
126Dec 7, 2021Disclosure of Presentence Investigation/Plea and Sentencing ReportBuy on PACER

"However, the PSI is a confidential document and neither the parties nor their counsel are authorized to duplicate or disseminate it to third parties without prior permission of the Court." 1995-02

A cottage industry has sprung up surrounding prisons

Rule 32 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure and §6A1.1 of the United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines regulate presentence reports

Attachments

• 1995-02.pdf
    112.4 KB · Views: 82
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
CASE NO. 19-20693-CR-SEITZ

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
v.
PETER SOTIS and EMILIE VOISSEM, Defendants.

ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL AND MOTION FOR SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM

This matter is before the Court on two defense motions. The first is Defendants Peter Sotis and Emilie Voissem’s Joint Motion for a New Trial [DE 115]. The second is their Joint Motion for Subpoena and Preservation of Evidence [DE 116].

<<>>

ORDERED THAT

1. Defendants Peter Sotis and Emilie Voissem’s Joint Motion for a New Trial [DE 115] is DENIED.​
2. Defendants Peter Sotis and Emilie Voissem’s Joint Motion for Authorization [DE 116] is DENIED.​

DONE AND ORDERED in Miami, Florida, this 9th day of December, 2021.

Attachments

• 128 USA v SOTIS order new trial evidence 1:19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf
    134.2 KB · Views: 129
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom