New Braunfels dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DatnoidDiver

Reaction score
I'll be staying a the Hiedelberg lodge in August, and I want to dive the Comal. I was wondering where the closest place to get Air fills is. Anyone ever been to the Heidelberg?

I am not aware of any place in New Braunfels. There is a dive shop in San Marcos about 20mi north that we use before we go to Canyon Lake or the Comel to dive. http://www.divesanmarcos.com/trashurehunt.htm

I am not familar with the hotel you mentioned.

Ditto on that, closest dive shop is "The Dive Shop" in San Marcos. Unless your tanks are already empty, you shouldn't need to fill them. You can do 2-3 river dives with a single AL80.

Yeah, I think San Marcos is the closest dive shop, or if you want to head a lil south towards San Antonio, check out Duggan Diving. A small shop but a wealth of knowledge and they're very straight dealers. Here's their website.

www.duggandiving.com

There is a dive shop in New Braunfels. It is in a strip mall on the east side of I-35.

MAKAI DIVERS
201 IH 35 SOUTH C
NEW BRAUNFELS, TX 78130
830-609-3483

I was at Heidleberg last year and needed air. This one is closer than the San Marcos shop.

Night dives in the Comal right behind the lodge brings out the fish! I saw a 2 1/2 ft plecostamus (South American catfish obviously released from someone's aquarium) there last year.

well sid, that's great info! I'll be passing it along to the A&M scuba club, as we go to Landa Park quite a bit. You wouldn't mind sharing a bit of info about the shop regarding it's services, affiliation, etc.? I'm sure everyone else on the forum would like to know more about this (new?) shop too.

Especially what exit you take (#189?) to find this joint.

I can't give any info other than where it is located. It is in a shopping center with either Big Lots or KMart between exits 187-189.

I was looking for air and didn't want to drive to San Marcos. A local told me about this shop but when I got there it was closed.

I'll be in New Braunfels for some diving at the end of May, I'll give a report then.

I was first certified at A&M in 1990. Is Tom still instructing? I thought I saw him with a class at the Blue Lagoon last Easter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom