New BP/W checkout dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes you are correct, at least how i have mine set up. the harness strap loops on to the back of the plate, the bolt that holds the top sta on goes through the harness webbing at this point. I don't think it's unstable like this. Ive had about 50 dives on this setup and only had to tighten the wing nuts up once, and i dont' use lock washers. It could possibly hold the harness webbing centered, but especially with the thick fredT plates there is no sliding of the straps whatsoever, especially up at the top where it gets the 90 and 45 degree bend right next to each other. It works out ok for me....

kurt

ps.. one good way to get your wing nuts tight is to crank the piss out of both the tank straps. this can take quite a bit of effort with the badass scubapro buckles, this will crush the sta to the plate, then tighten the wingnuts up good, when you release the buckles it will keep tension on the sta bolts, and you find the don't come loose.

kurt

Hey goatboy_k,
Another question for you. The bottom of my "bottom" STA sits slightly uneven due to the stiched in webbing part of the Oxycheq wing. I used a peice of leftover webbing I got with my FredT plate I ran under the top edge of the STA to flatten it out. Did you have this problem? Any other ideas or fixes?

Thanks,
Chris

i didn't seem to have this problem, at least that i noticed. even if it is off a bit i would guess that the pressure from the tank buckle would compress everything enough to hold it together and straighten itself out. If you put enough pressure on the tank strap the bolts holding the STA on are not really doing that much. The are pretty much there to hold everything together when the tank is not tight. Any play in the adaptors should tighten up when cinched. If it is really bad, the only thing i could think of right now would be to "shim" the adaptor like you said, but i would be carefull doing that i think because if for some reason the shim comes out when everything is tight, your going to put alot of slop in the tank strap and might loose your tank. Making your fix permenate might be a good idea (sewing, glue, etc) just an idea

kurt

Back
Top Bottom