New Book About Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Graduado

Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished publishing my newest book on Cozumel. It is titled Natural History of Cozumel, and as its title indicates, it deals with the natural history of the island; geology, hydrology, geography, oceanography, astronomy, geomorphology, biology, botany, and the myths relating to those areas.

It is a collection of articles I wrote about different aspects of Cozumel’s environment and biota that I found very interesting, odd, or bizarre. Did you know Cozumel has an electric fish that can give you a strong electrical shock? There is also an electric ray that lives in Cozumel, but its shock is not so strong.

Want to know the truth about where the first sunrise in Mexico happens throughout the year, and not the falsehoods spread by tourist boards and websites? It is in the book.

Want to know what’s the highest point on the island? Hint: It is not Chumul hill (Coconuts) on the east side.

Do you know what Cozumel exports by the ton to the US as an ingredient in breakfast cereal? It’s in the book.

Want the lowdown on the Sargassum problem? It’s in the book.

Want to know all about the green flash at sunset? It’s in the book.

Need a recipe for Donkey Dung Sea Cucumbers? It’s in the book.

There are chapters on birds, marine creatures, trees, plants, fruits, hallucinogenic plants, and much more.

The book is available on Amazon.com

Just placed my order, can't wait to read it.

Thanks! After you read it, would you please write a short review of it on Amazon? Just one line or two would be great.

Thanks! After you read it, would you please write a short review of it on Amazon? Just one line or two would be great.

Will do.

Are you Ric? Making sure I'm seeing the right book.

Yes I am. I have several books of mine on Amazon; The True History of Cozumel, Guide to the Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio, etc. See my tagline at the bottom of this post.

Yes I am. I have several books of mine on Amazon; The True History of Cozumel, Guide to the Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio, etc. See my tagline at the bottom of this post.

And I have a copy of each one, and can only imagine how well written and informative the new one will be.

Thanks for the kind words!

Back
Top Bottom