Wondering about my plans to Washington DC, Fresno California, and Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are required, by law, to refund you in the event that they cancel or make a "significant" schedule change. Send a polite written request and I bet you get it. Otherwise have a look at consumer advocate Chris Elliott's site.
That second refund of money paid came thru a little over a week after requested, not as fast as the FF-miles returned but reasonable enough.

In regard to my planned Cozumel trip, it does not sound like the locals are taking threats seriously, just enough show to look cooperative. I never thought I'd make 500 dives logged as my trips have subsided some, and now that I am one trip away from making that target, I was really trying to make this work. American changed my flights giving me 11 minutes to connect in DFW after I&C, so I talked them into changing my return from Cancun to give me a reasonable connection. Still, I also have no reason to believe that I'd survive an infection and now within 30 days of departure, I'm becoming more discouraged. Nearby state parks are partially opened and altho far from the same thing, but I am considering taking the safer options.

Ok well trip after trip got cancelled, my Cozumel trip suffered late change to leaving out of a different city, then that plane was delayed so much that I couldn't make connection to Coz or even Cancun, so I gave up. I drove a hundred miles back home, cancelling all my reservations, then started my trip insurance claim on losses. The claims agent tried to short me one night after my dates changed, but I had copies of all emails.

Guadalupe Mountain NP finally open so I'm here. Left at 4 Central time, two stops for Subways, ice, and gas, got to the park by 10, checked in, then saw that all the tent sites were taken! I waited to see if anyone left by noon deadline, fell asleep and nearly missed, but heard some guys talking about leaving. A young dude tried to grab the site, but I told him I was here before him and he was nice about it. Got the best site in camp, right by my parking space!

The tent is up at least. I need to recover and try some easy hikes tomorrow. I've seen some Fb photos of the changing trees.

7E53FBC7-12DF-4313-8A1F-F6E350C319E4.jpeg

AND THEN - I got word that my son-in-law is down with Covid! He had been.skeptical about risks, not careful, now has some pneumonia so I may break camp and head back. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom