New Blending technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was recently watching a web cast live show hosted by 2 prominent technical divers, they had a guest on who was talking about a new dive and gas planning procedure,

I may have missed some of the details but it’s basically using multiple tanks with different blends then taking a calculated number of breaths from on regulator then switching to a different mix that may be helium based and breathing it just long enough to reduce the narcosis.

This same technique is used during decompression in order to maintain a constant Po2.

What was really cool is they would use a technical diving computer and set it to ccr mode and that would handle all of the decompression calculations.

This sounds complicated but they say its reducing decompression times and managing the cost of helium on deep dives.

Sounds dumb.

even if it worked (and it might), if one of those tanks has a failure, you’re in a pickle.

Freaking crazy as hell.....

I was recently watching a web cast live show hosted by 2 prominent technical divers, they had a guest on who was talking about a new dive and gas planning procedure,

I may have missed some of the details but it’s basically using multiple tanks with different blends then taking a calculated number of breaths from on regulator then switching to a different mix that may be helium based and breathing it just long enough to reduce the narcosis.

This same technique is used during decompression in order to maintain a constant Po2.

What was really cool is they would use a technical diving computer and set it to ccr mode and that would handle all of the decompression calculations.

This sounds complicated but they say its reducing decompression times and managing the cost of helium on deep dives.

They should just get a rebreather if that's what they're trying to do. I doubt you could find one on the market more complicated or risky than that procedure.

Who are this nutcases?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom