New "best" mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I was high on the the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes but now it's all about going "frameless".

I really like the Apollo frameless Bio mask. It's the next one I'm adding to my collection.

Mares X for me ! After trying almost every mask available in the DFW area, I got the X just before our trip to Saba last month and everybody on the trip who checked it out - wanted it! Fantastic field of vision, low profile and effortless to clear....it is perfect for me because I have a small face with high cheek bones and I have only found a couple masks that really work well for me. However; others with very different shapes and sizes of faces found it just as fitting. Bill borrowed it for a couple dives and said it was extremely comfortable and functional for u/w photography. It's on his "gotta get" list now.

It looks a little strange on...but who cares how it looks on as long as it allows a good look at what we go to look at! To each his own, but for me it's the "X" for the time being.

TropiGal-

That Mares mask you like so much looks to be a "Cressi Sub Big Eyes" with a frameless design.

Theoreticaly, that would be the best mask for me-all the peripheral vision of the Big Eyes with the low, low volume of the frameless design.

I'm going to get one.

The Mare X is somewhat like a frameless Bigeye.
Seems to be much lower volume and the range of vision, including the down look is excellent. My preference since the Bigeye leaks on me.
The X was a hit on a recent trip to Saba in that all the Divemasters wanted to check it out.

The X-Vision has a frame, not much of one though. Straps attach directly to the skirt.

I switched to the X from a Scubapro frameless. I thought about the Cressi, but the X really seemed to have a slightly better field of vision when I tried them both. Besides, it has an "X" in the name, which the marketing gurus say makes you feel "extreme" and all that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom