New BCD ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question for you .... if you can pass with his chest and arms forward, which is more voluminous than the diameter of the body, with the inflator on the chest, how do you break a pipe of 3 cm on the sides?

Do you think tighter restrictions on where you go without air tanks on the sides, Alessandro, in Mexico, can not even scratch the pipe ...

I'm not sure I understand your question clearly. When I'm diving really tight restrictions I am in my wet suit so there is no inflator on the chest.

Hi. I love the bladder. I have a harness already that is similar that I could mount it on.( i have been trying to use a jacket bc not very comfortably)
I am a bad backed older cold water ocean drysuit diver who usually has some surface swimming involved to get to and from sites, not a cave diver. It takes 30lbs of lead to sink me in my drysuit and undergarment at the surface. I do not believe that the 9kg. of lift will work for me carrying a couple steel HP 100's or lp95's and alu 80 deco or a couple 40's. if both bladders are used do you have 18 kg or about 40 lbslift.
Are you considering one with about 50lb + in a single bladder ?
I would appreciate some input here. I realize that i can michelin man my drysuit ( and or shed some lead or use a SMB in emergency) for lift and likely use your bc as is, but this does not really address the swimming on surface part of my diving.
While I desire streamlining and freedom of movement i think the math may get the better of it and push me towards one of the more traditional donut winged units like Nomad /Hollis.
Great looking design. What's the price for just the BCD in USD? Do you have a website up?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom