New BARE SB Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will DRIS be selling the Bare SB?

Yeup....just don't have a ton of info just yet. My rep sent the suit, then went on vacation :wink: Lucky guy. I should have more info in the next couple weeks.

Yeup....just don't have a ton of info just yet. My rep sent the suit, then went on vacation :wink: Lucky guy. I should have more info in the next couple weeks.
Hi Mike,

Could you please check with Bare to see if they could factory install the Si Tech Neck Ring and Cuff Rings so that we can use the silicone neck and wrist seals. Thanks.

Terry

Hi Mike,

Could you please check with Bare to see if they could factory install the Si Tech Neck Ring and Cuff Rings so that we can use the silicone neck and wrist seals. Thanks.

Terry

If they can't or don't do it, we can :wink:

And once again, ....the price is....???

Any update on this? I'm really interested in learning more about the SB!

Thanks for posting the video,

I like the cut of the suit, close fitting like some of the crushed neoprene suits out there. The front zip without a telescoping torso is a nice feature, due to the flexibility of the fabric.

The front zip and lack of the telescoping torso, is similar to a Poseidon Flexisuit, but in a tri-laminate fabric rather than crushed neoprene.

I am in the market for a drysuit, and am considering which one to buy. I'm still deciding on the features I want and don't want in a new suit.

This Bare suit looks promising, I'm not too sure about the breathable fabric however.

Breathable fabrics only work if there's enough of a temperature differential, which would occur in a jacket or close fitting drysuit. But I don't see how any vapor can escape the breathable membrane while immersed. I don't know if Bare is making that claim or not, it just doesn't seem like an important consideration in a drysuit.

Another factor working against many breathable undergarments, is the adhesive used to laminate the breathable membrane in either a bi-laminate or tri-laminate fabric. The adhesive used can actually render the membrane non-breathable, once it's made into a finished fabric. This is a big reason why a lot of jackets have pit-zips, the finished product ends up not being very breathable at all.

My only experience with breathable fabrics is skiing and backpacking jackets and pants. I've also used breathable fabric, single wall mountaineering style tents and bivy bags. They only work if the tent is very small, due to the temperature differential aspect. Otherwise the vapor just condensed on the walls of the tent or bivy bag. In a drysuit the undergarment will trap any moisture vapor, so I'm not sure how necessary the breathable fabric is. It probably just adds to the cost.

I really like the stretchiness of the fabric and the cut of the suit that the fabric allows.

I am curious what the cost will be.

Thanks again for posting the video links.

Take care,
Mitch

Here is the link with pricing. I thought I had already put it in this thread, but I guess I was wrong :wink:

Bare Drysuits SB Drysuit - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I have a couple coming in, and I can't wait for this thing! The fit, stretch, and comfort is amazing! Price is a bit high, but with those three benefits, it is worth the price!

Get them to make it in women's sizes, and identify an adhesive that permits the application of proper pockets, and I'm totally there . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom