New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you still have these available? I'll call monday for three Dins if so!

The regs are curently listed on her website at $79 (DIN or yoke): Regulators: Scuba Gear and Diving Equipment

It looks like Laura hasn't been on ScubaBoard since October though so I suggest giving her a ring at 800-766-6090 to see if she's still honoring the price for ScubaBoard members.

These regs are great until you have to service them...make sure you can get the HP seats for them before you buy, otherwise you may end up with a paper weight when the time comes to have them serviced.

That first stage is the same as the OMS R-251. If you can find a source for those hp seats that should do it.

In the hopes of finding more sources for the HP Seat, here are some pictures:
IMG_4108-r.jpg

IMG_4110-r.jpg

IMG_4112-r.jpg

IMG_4111-r.jpg

I bought this reg and used it for several months and then expereinced my first true regulator failure. Solo at 160 feet, i felt something pop in the reg during an inhalation and then the reg started to freeflow, moderately. I was kinda bummed, took it to a shop and had to pay an overhaul fee for the first stage seat.

Saltydog scuba in Riviera Bch, FL has parts for these regs. They are identical to a brand they carry,, forget the name. sold the reg after the failure, didn't feel confident anymore. After thousands of hours underwater, this was the first true, instant failure i had other than a hose blow or something.

In the hopes of finding more sources for the HP Seat, here are some pictures:
IMG_4108-r.jpg

IMG_4110-r.jpg

IMG_4112-r.jpg

IMG_4111-r.jpg
This was also an older model of seat that Cressi Sub diaphragms used. They have since upgraded twice so I don't think the new version would work. I will look but I may have a few just sitting in a bag and get back to everyone. I have not seen this seat in any other mainline regs (SP, APEKs, Oceanic, ...) so other than the already mentioned OMS I don't know where else you might find them. None of the HOG, Edge or Sea ELite regs use this seat either.

Back
Top Bottom