New Balanced Diaphragm First Stages Yoke or DIN - $60 Each

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking of purchasing 2 of these DIN to convert to doubles. Any opinions about using these with Scubapro X600 and an X650?

I think a similar thing happened to me. I never heard a pop but about 20 minutes into a dive I started to get some free-flow. I thought it was just the really strong current purging my reg. With the reg tuned down I was still getting pretty bad free-flow. I retired mine to sit on the bench as a pressure gauge.
I recently got an IP gauge and hooked it up just to check.... 225 psi!!! Assuming it is the same as the OMS R-251 it should be around 140.
I will be keeping an eye for a deal on a HOG 1st.

I bought this reg and used it for several months and then expereinced my first true regulator failure. Solo at 160 feet, i felt something pop in the reg during an inhalation and then the reg started to freeflow, moderately. I was kinda bummed, took it to a shop and had to pay an overhaul fee for the first stage seat.

Saltydog scuba in Riviera Bch, FL has parts for these regs. They are identical to a brand they carry,, forget the name. sold the reg after the failure, didn't feel confident anymore. After thousands of hours underwater, this was the first true, instant failure i had other than a hose blow or something.

So, uummm, did you happen to mention the failure to the buyer?

So, uummm, did you happen to mention the failure to the buyer?

Actually, I sold it to the dive shop who repaired the reg. I had lost faith in the regulator and since they use the same one for training, I think it was a win/win.

High pressure seat failures happen. Do you lose faith in your car when you get a flat tire?

I think that is a horrible comparison. My 1st stage showed problems at about 100 fsw and caused both my primary and atomic octo inflator to freeflow. While this didn't put my life in immediate danger it did cause me some concern and mess up my dive.
With an Ip of 220 to 230 psi how much higher could it go until something burst.

A flat tire in your car leaves you on the side of the road. A failed reg can leave you at the bottom of the ocean.

BTW: The reg in question had about 50 dives on it.

I think that is a horrible comparison. [snip]

A flat tire in your car leaves you on the side of the road. A failed reg can leave you at the bottom of the ocean.

Depends on the comparison. A flat tire on the side of the road or in a parking lot is like a leaky first stage found on the boat. It just delays until you change it out.

Wait till you have a tire blow at 80mph and it slides you sideways on the freeway at that speed. It's a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than a flat tire on the side of the road.

High pressure seat failures happen. Do you lose faith in your car when you get a flat tire?

Not a flat tire, but let that vehicle fail on you two-three times, each time leaving you stranded for two to four hours, and it's outtahere!

I haven’t read the entire thread and the offer may have changed, but in the first few post Laura mentions that she will also sell the kits which include the HP seat.

Yup gear does fail. however, I have spent literally thousands of hours underwater and experienced only one incidene of hp seat failure.

If I were to buy some new super cheap tires, and after driving 150 miles, I had a failure with the sidewall blowing out, I might reconsider the tires. Could be coincidence, who knows?

I'm back to using Oceaniic and scuba pro first stages.

Back
Top Bottom